Atlanta Crash Video - Spoiler

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Check out this video of RV's crash in Atlanta. I would actually call it more of a bobble, that is until Josh Grant came through and officially turned it into a crash.

Grant must have just come up on him too quick to react, otherwise it seems he made just a real bad judgement call on this one trying to shoot through between RV and his bike. :whoa:

http://media.putfile.com/RV-JG

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Villopoto Crash Video

As far as I'm concerned Josh Grant should be suspended for blatantly disregarding the safety of another rider. If no one from the Villopoto camp beat the tar out of Grant after that they are better people than I.

<div align="center">
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://feat.putfile.com/flow/putfile.swf?videoFile=RV-JG" height="349" width="420" align="middle">
<param name="movie" value="http://feat.putfile.com/flow/putfile.swf?videoFile=RV-JG" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<embed src="http://feat.putfile.com/flow/putfile.swf?videoFile=RV-JG" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="349" width="420"></embed>
</object><br><a href="http://media.putfile.com/RV-JG?utm_source=embed1&utm_medium=embed">RV-JG</a> - <a href="http://media.putfile.com/code.php?n=RV-JG?utm_source=embed1&utm_medium=embed">Get Video Code</a></div>

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
surely he didnt do it on purpose- i think he just ran up on rv, or he just finished a section and looked up and saw rv there, with no time to react- i dont think he did it on purpose, that could have been real ugly

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Yeah its a tough call, it looks like he just accelerated and tried to shotgun through there but it is hard to tell in the video because they dont show grant coming until he is pretty much splitting RV and his bike. It looks like he may have been able to brake and slide left and could have gotten by clean. He might have lost a position by doing that but it certainly would have been better than risking both riders safety and then on top of that he lost a lot more positions after the collision.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
When your blasting whoops your concentrating on putting your front wheel on the whoop. After he finished that section he looked up and RV was laying on the jump, too bad for RV!

Most people here have never blasted whoops, those that have know what I'm talking about.

I like RV but he needs to get up or roll off the track if he can't.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Hogwash, Grant sees him then hits the gas and prepares for the impact. There was plenty of time for him to get off the gas, not on it. As far as the whoops go, I imagine he had his head up for the 90 degree right turn he had to make at the end of the section.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I hate to be a complete dick, but I haven't seen the race yet, won't be able to for another week..

It would be nice if you guys wouldn't put spoiler info in your thread titles..

Thanks for giving it away!! Appreciate it! :coocoo: :yell:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
IndyMX said:
I hate to be a complete dick, but I haven't seen the race yet, won't be able to for another week..

Well I can appreciate the fact it annoys you, I can't think of a more appropriate title for the thread that isn't going to let you know RV crashed.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
IndyMX said:

My bad on the thread title but dont worry as long as you dont watch the video link we didnt ruin the race for you because I never said how it all turned out. How can you wait a whole week to find out what happened anyway?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
If RV had been standing there holding his bike for a couple of minutes I might agree. It looks like he hit wheels with the guy in front of him causing him to come to a stop and Grant's adrenaline probably had him more concerned with trying to win than worrying about the health of someone else. He grabbed a big hand full of throttle just a couple feet away from RV.

You would only have a split second to make a decision. He made the wrong one. Although it may work out for him in the title chase. Intentional or not the fastest guy got zero points because of him.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
JST122 said:
My bad on the thread title but dont worry as long as you dont watch the video link we didnt ruin the race for you because I never said how it all turned out. How can you wait a whole week to find out what happened anyway?

It's hell, but I do it.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Chili said:
Well I can appreciate the fact it annoys you, I can't think of a more appropriate title for the thread that isn't going to let you know RV crashed.

Uhhh.. "Atlanta Video **Spoiler** Info inside"

something like that would be nice, if someone wants to see what's in there, they are free to click, otherwise those of us are free to be blissfully ignorant for another week!! ;)

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Fair enough, it's been changed. For the record I posted a thread at the same time as the poster of this thread and then merged them, my thread also had a title that while different from this would have left you po'd.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Hmmm.. Well, we can't all be happy all the time right?

And you should know better, your a mod!!! :nener:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Indy

When I'm on the road and unable to watch the race I go to:

www.pacesupercross.com

Click on "live" and watch the lap times of each bike. You can open an other window and listen to the live broadcast at the same time. It's actually more exciting than the edited TV broadcast.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN

I would, but it's easier to live with my brother if I just don't know. One slip up and he gets all bent out of shape about it. Roommates suck.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…