Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I know that there are several of you that are out there who would really like to take a stab at riding an enduro but have never done it. This year myself (Nicole) and Kerrie Brokaw are holding a special class at the Pine Ridge Enduro in Nebraska on April 27th and 28th. We will all meet on the 27th to go over how women should set up their bikes, what kinds of tools to carry (and how to use them:scream: ), and basic enduro rules. On Sunday they will put 2 riders per row (we will be close but not on the same row so that we will not cause any problems with the men) and Kerrie and I will be at the back to help you through. It will be a great experience and www.mooseracing.com has graciously decided to sponsor this event so count on some cool things.

You do not have to pay for Saturday's class with Kerrie and I but you will have to pay to enter the event.

We can consider car-pooling (anyone coming from Colorado or nearby).

It will be fun so don't miss out. Pick on the following link to sign up with me and then I will make sure to get you a entry form for the actual enduro. Sign Up

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Wow, what an awesome idea! I hope everyone who's in the area can take advantage of this.

Nicole, any thoughts to taking this show on the road?? I bet you'd get a good response.

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
Fun Fun Fun

Count me in! I think this is a fantastic opportunity to experience an enduro and have the warm fuzzy feeling of a little help when I need -- you'll notice I didn't say "if". ;)

I look forward to meeting other ladies. Come on, gals, sign up and get the opportunity to ride with an ISDE finisher, and a very talented trials rider, as well :)

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Rod,

You are more than welcome to come (I guess) Maybe I should ask all the girls first!!!

Nicole

PS Have I met you yet? I don't think we have. I have probably seen you. Be sure to introduce yourself to me in Neb because I won't be at too many other races.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Man, I would be all over that if I were going to be around. :(
I'm 95% sure I'll be entering my first enduro (family enduro) at Clear Creek on March 9th. Despite how many people keep telling me it will be a breeze, I'm petrified! I'll be looking for as many tips as I can.

It's a great thing you guys are going. Best of luck! :)

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey Katie- We talked about doing an enduo together... Are you interested? BTW, it's gonna be 66F in Pueblo on Saturday. Might be nice to meet and ride a bit more, huh? I still have an extra bike if you haven't picked one up yet!

Hey Rod (if you are lurking in the girls room)- Pueblo this weekend? Is Doug still in town?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Great idea. Too bad you're so far away--I'm jealous of all you who are going. Maybe us NW gals can convince Carol Williams to do something similar? Who all would be interested?

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by bbbom
Great idea, too bad it's too far away for us!

Rod, just wear a girl disguise and you're in, you can get those clip on ponytails at any beauty supply store! :p

Ahh makes me miss my mullet days! :eek:

I'll be sure to wear my man-zere, or is that a bro?:confused:

CJ yes Douglas and I will be there! (at Pueblo that is) Does Sara want to come?

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Rod- Nope, Sara's got Nico this weekend and she's getting ready for Monday to start a very snazzy new job she just landed! BTW; 'can't wait to see you in your girly outfit for this Nebraska enduro! :confused:

DirtFamily- I'll go read my PM. If your bike situation isn't working out yet in April, would you think about riding the DR200?

Girlrider- Do people actually ride bikes like the DR200 in enduros, or is that a bad idea? Katie handles the DR just fine from what I've seen. It just might be geared a little high for climbing really steep stuff. And it's heavy.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I see people ride bike I WOULD NEVER think of riding but hey what can you say. Is she short too? The DR would probably work fine but remember since it is an enduro and you are timed you have to ride fast enough to keep from houring out. She could certainly sign up and agian if she is not comfortable with it then she can pit for us. The Saturday class and free stuff is worth going since Saturday is free but she would need to sign up for the Sunday ride too! I suppose I could ride it up the nasty hills.;)

Nicole

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by firecracker22
Great idea. Too bad you're so far away--I'm jealous of all you who are going. Maybe us NW gals can convince Carol Williams to do something similar? Who all would be interested?

me me me!!!
count me in as interested if it were nearer here!
Holley

DirtFamily

Jan 2, 2002
Questions

Nicole,

1. The rules say you must be "street legal". Does that mean license plate, etc or just lights and mirror?

2. Do you have any maps of the area, course?

Thanks!
Katie

PS. Ran into Mark Manniko when I picked up my 280 Pampera - he said you would be good to learn from! :) Do you plan on any beginning trials classes here in CO? or just general techniques, such as hill climbing, technical mountain riding....?

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Katie,

You don't need to be "Street Legal". They just recommend it. You do ride on some country roads but since they have permission to run the event you DON'T have to be street legal. The only thing you NEED to have is a spark arrester. CJ said you have one on order too! I have a plate for my bike but I have never put it on. You Don't need mirrors or honors. You bike as it with a spark arrestor is all you need.

Maps - I wish they would give maps, then we would know exactly where the checks are. They don't give you anything but a route sheet which Kerrie and I will explain the day before the enduro. We will have to teach you the basic rules. Remember my idea was to guide women (who have never competed before) through an event. When you get to be really fast then time keeping and the rules are important. This event will just help you to understand what an enduro is all about. The event is in Chadron this year (Last year it was crawford.) We will start at the fairgrounds and ride from there and finish there.

The entry says to be "Waterprofed" What they mean is if it rains and the mud holes are big make sure you take up your air filter. This really applies to the A and B riders. 2 years ago it rained hard and at about mile 90 my engine got stuck in a big rutt. I was in the process of getting it out but since I am 125 lbs and the bike is 217 lbs the guy behind me just got impatient. So he picked my bike up and threw it over the edge into a very deep water hole. I was NOT water proofed and my bike would not start for several hours. I don't foresee us having that problem. If Kerrie and I decide it is too bad we will stop. (It does not always rain but if it does :eek: )

The event will be about 50 miles long just so you know. Some of that is resets and some is on roads but some on trails so just be prepared. We will love to have you and Moose has some cool things for us.

Whenever you want lessons I am more than happy to teach you. Sometimes I am down that way towards Colorodo Springs and Pueblo and I can teach you. Or if you ever come to Vail I can teach you as well.

Top Bottom