Avatar Question? Is mine being changed intentionally by admins?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Recently I noticed that my avatar changed from my "144" avatar to this "cat biting the hand thing" - which I assume means "Do not post new threads".

I've changed it back to my chosen avatar 3 or 4 times and it keeps getting changed back to the cat/hand thing.

Someone please explain what's going on and if it's being done intentionally, please justify that action. If not, please fix the problem.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
robwbright said:
Someone please explain what's going on QUOTE]

Okie will explain in a minute. He's looking for a appropriate answer to cut 'n paste. ;) :laugh:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Ol'89rOkie will explain in a minute. He's looking for a appropriate answer to cut 'n paste. ;) :laugh:[/QUOTE said:
Now that funny right there :cool:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Theres a lot more to it then meets the eye here in the public sector.

I'm sure Rob is aware of why it appears as it does. Which BTW lets keep it all in the same thread where we are making what appears to be progress.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
elliot67 said:
That's kinda stupid. Rob is a paying subscriber, and you're taking away one of the benefits right there.
actually, someone making comments and getting involved in something about which they have NO IDEA is getting pretty close to "kinda stupid". :cool:

Any reason you didn't post this question in the forum you normally post in Rob?

I'll look into your "avatar problem".

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
elliot67 has a point though...

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Even if I knew everything, that'd still be my opinion. He's a paying subscriber, yet you're taking away a benefit.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
How can you possibly have an opinion when you have zero knowledge to base it on?
Just a little heads-up ... he has the ability to change his avatar any time he likes. Now, if you two would like to continue arguing, please talk to the wall, it might listen :p. A discussion requires that all parties have at least a basic understanding of the issue, therefore in this case, it's a waste of time.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Also, I beleive this should have been posted elsewhere. Where all parties are knowledgeable.

Just to avoid the high post count bench racers from responding as they did, but I'm guessing it was by design ;)

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
And the guy finally puts up something everyone is happy about and then pulls this weak stuff.

I know, maybe hasn't been back to read all the replies. Or worst case scenario is maybe go out with a stink :think:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i think you should keep it Rob, it was cool self humor when i thought you did it :cool:

besides only the priviledged are allowed animated avs

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I thought it was funny. It's not the first time fun was had with avatars and I'm sure it isn't the last. Don't get your panties in a wad :laugh:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I thought it was funny when I thought it was self-deprecating. But now - it's even funnier.

A survivors guide to DRN - Have a sense of humor.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I think it's a great avatar and it pokes fun in a funny, not nasty way. Regardless of the crap you get Rob, I'd keep it and wear it proudly.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
CaptainObvious said:
I thought it was funny when I thought it was self-deprecating. But now - it's even funnier.

A survivors guide to DRN - Have a sense of humor.

There's some good humor and bad humor! What you classify as good or bad is a personal opinion and is totally up to you. Although people might find that the avatar joke (which I have zero knowledge about) funny, others don't! I think Robwbright does not appreciate it, so his opinion should be respected. I'm sure there is room for both humor and respect on this forum.

Okie why don't you explain the story instead of bashing opinions like mine and elliot's who differ from yours? If you could explain, maybe it could change our minds! Don't you agree? But basically, if Rob wants to change the avatar, it should be respected!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Well I haven't insulted anybody here! I've just shared my opinion and explained how humor is perceived differently. If the situation was explained at the beginning of the post, maybe my opinion would be different! Don't you agree elliot67? Admins and mods already have forged their opinions on me and nothing that I do here will ever change them. What's a discussion if all point of views are the same?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I agree with the fact that if they stated the situation at the beginning of the forum, it'd change some peoples opinions, but not mine. They're taking away a benefit from a paying subscriber. That's that.

It just seems everytime a young person decides to share their opinion they get pounded to the ground by insults and jokes aimed at them.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I understand what you're saying although I enjoy talking with most people here and if didn't, I'd choose another forum as there are plenty. I don't know if age has any link, I would be surprised. Okie isn't very older than us!

Top Bottom