Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Wondering if anybody here runs Av Gas or a mixture of Av Gas? Seems to be the clear winner to me, less varnishing, better power etc. Only bad thing is it's a buck or better more per gallon, which won't break me up.

shr

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2002
I would not recommend it....

It has lots of additives in it and chemicals to keep it from icing up at high altitudes.... (not a good fuel for two strokes)

Just my opinion

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
If I recall, Aviation fuel contains Diesel and Kerosene mix. At least JP-8 is that mixture. If normal aviation fuel contains the same mix, it would be extremely detrimental to your 2 stroke. I would not reccomend using at all.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The question usually brings on all sorts of roosting and razzing. ;)

Unless you do some flying around tens of thousands of feet..and your bike has wings..the whole idea of using aviation fuel in a ground based vehicle is ...well....'spooge' to misuse another word having to do with effluvial blowing by.

You might do some reading on mr. gorr's site (click on the forward motion banner on this site) concerning fuel basics written by mr. rohrich.

Maybe take a look here. Read braahp's post.

Not to say yay or nay about the above link. Don't blast me with 'tain't so!'. It's beyond my ken.....sounds good, though!

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
Thanks guys, big problem around here is octane, or actually lack thereof. Nobody sells Premium gas within 60 miles or so and most octane boosters kinda suck. Maybe I'll get some 101 and try that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom