Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok, so whats the difference between the B8ES (what my 1983 KX250 has on it) and a BR8ES (what my KE100 has on it) They look to be the same.

Whats the "R" mean?

I was wandering if i could run the same plug in both bikes so i could buy a bunch and just switch without worries.. and its just easier.. Is it possible? and which plug could run in both?

Which is better ups downs any difference at all?

Thanks for helping!

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
The two are basically the same plug. You can run either one with no worries. The R means that plug has a resistor and the other does not. Sometimes the plugs w/o resistors can interfere with household electronics from what I hear...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
mmz77 said:
... Sometimes the plugs w/o resistors can interfere with household electronics from what I hear...
...and bike electronics too. All newer bikes are spec'd with a resister plug just for that reason. You may get away without one on an older bike but why risk it.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
on what honda?????--- thats a load of crap guys- no offence but my hondas run great with out resister plugs

also- i have fouled more resister plugs than any other plugs out there-
br-v's / bre's/ ect...
not a guru by far- but resisters are not that great-
but yes they are suppose to keep other bikes/ electrical things ect... from interfering
fcc---- stuff

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
hit up pepboy's for the br8es plugs, 10pk is around $20, I have about 3 packs of em just in case and always bring 3 or more on a ride as well just in case.

Top Bottom