RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Bad vibes ???
I bought a Steering for my WR 250Fa damper kit from Scott but took the solid mounted bar (not the rubber one..) Now I have in my right hand thumb some really special feelings or exactly no more feeling...And it last for 2 or 3 weeks !!!!
Is this the carpal tunnel syndrome ??? Or just vibes ??
What about putting PU foam or other stuff in the bar ???
In your opinion does the WR have a lot of vibrations ?

RakO

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2-3 weeks, you might want to see a doc.

Re vibrations, Thats one of the things I loved about that bike and I noticed right off. There weren't hardly any bar vibes. The ones I've ridden were great. I would assume you've got some loose parts.

Re: putting foam in the bars. I've done that before, didn't really notice much, They do make bar inserts ie the bar snake and the rubber mounted bar wieghts for the ends. They all claim good results. The best I've heard are using rubber mounted bar clamps. just my $.02 Good Luck

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
Rako, if my memory serves me correctly, you suffered a crankshaft failure on that WR250F. Is this correct?

If so, did you (or the guy who worked on the bike) re-install the counterbalance shaft correctly?

WR250Fs should be as smooth as silk through the bars.

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by Humai
Rako, if my memory serves me correctly, you suffered a crankshaft failure on that WR250F. Is this correct?

If so, did you (or the guy who worked on the bike) re-install the counterbalance shaft correctly?

WR250Fs should be as smooth as silk through the bars.

Yes Humai,

Finally Yamaha took the expenses for the crankshaft problem.
Once the bike was fixed I rode it just 1 time but was worried about the fact that I believed that the new part was delivered with the first bikes and that I could have the same problem again .
I sold the bike to my dealer and will have the 02 in one week.
My remarks about the vibes was Before and After the problem .

Rgds

RakO

Top Bottom