Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay, so not really. But!

With the high cost of new bikes these days, much of that due to the 4-stroke motor, and all the noise problems, etc., I think it's a great opportunity for some manufacturer to drop some R&D money and effort into a modern 2-Stroke. Why?

1) Cheaper to buy
2) Cheaper to own
3) Lighter
4) Quieter

Those are reasons enough! Do you actually think the Top 10 would suddenly change if they were on 2-strokes? Case in point, Tomac on a KX250:

I rest my case.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Windham used to rail while standing as well. The first time I saw it up close was at Red Bud one year and it was weird to see in person. He seemed to be defying physics, but I guess when you're chasing RC in his prime you can't trouble yourself with silly things like natural laws and such.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I know Yamaha is keeping its 2 strokes on the sales floor for the time being. KTM has quite an assortment of 2 strokes for everything off road. Now if we could get Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki on board then all will be back to normal, or close to it. I said somewhere on here they should make inexpensive 2 stroke dirt bikes of all CC's, air cooled, modern suspension, ergos, and breaks. Keep them under the $2000 range, and all business that sell motorcycles will profit. Forget about a "green" 2 stroke, like a diesel engine its a no go. Keep it tuned up and correctly jetted and air filter cleaned then those bikes should be good to go. I noticed bike dealer ships still having stock on the floor, that's because its to expensive for the average Joe. Shame, but there it is. ATK_604b.jpg 0187b34d5358171f8f01a65444938545--road-bike-motorcycle-posters.jpg csteel_74_#12.jpg Consider air cooled 2 strokes for the average Joe....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom