Bar mounts/triple clamp question

kmmtn1

Jan 17, 2002
I have a 02 KDX 220, a couple of weeks ago I crashed & bent the stock bars, big surprise! I replaced them with some Demarinis and crashed on those no problem but I took a really hard hit last weekend and now they feel tweeked but don't look bent. I read a little about the bar mounts (rubber) getting out of whack.

Can I get some advice on how to correct this bar mount tweek, ie long term solution. Should I get a new triple clamp-bar mount setup, or put on a one piece top clamp with new rubber bushings ie scotts? Suggestions?

Can someone tell me the size of a top bar clamp 80, 100, 120? for a single top piece.

If I were to change triple clamp and bar mount to a non rubber mount what are the pros & cons?

Last edited:

ROBBYRAZ

Nov 17, 2001
I'm running the SCOTTS triple clamp and one piece bar mount with Pro Tapers on my 01 200. I tweaked my stock bars and rubber mounts after my 1st wipeout.
The Scotts are a little heavier than stock but the improvement in the feel of
the steering far outweighs the slight weight addition. I believe I paid $350
or so for the whole setup. Fredette makes a much cheaper one piece clamp
I think for around $35. The nice thing about the SCOTTS is you have the option
of running a steering dampner if you so desire. The SCOTTS setup looks pretty
trick and has definetly held up for me I,ve had it on for about a year and have
sustained some pretty hard wipeouts. i havent heard anything bad about FREDETTES clamp but as long its made better then his kickstarter youll probably be ok with it.

Acavin

Feb 15, 2002
Simple and cheap,
Get the one-piece top clamp from Fredette Racing, and also order 4 aluminum bar mounts instead of rubber bar mounts. You may have to search around for the aluminum mounts, but Fredette should know something about them, but the Scotts clamp is nice with the damper option.

aaron

Top Bottom