Feb 25, 2001
for my 01 cr 125 I was running the Barnett clutch plates & springs settup and just now got for X-mas from my girl friend stock clutch plates and springs . My question will I see easier clutch pull ?different shifting action ? shorter life ?

P.S if you wuz wondering I had fried the stock clutch plates in the first week of having the bike due to not enough clutch lever play. Thanx in advance.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
THP,
It has been my experience that the stock Honda clutch is hard to beat.
With the stock springs you should have a much softer lever pull.
I also belive the sock plates, as well as lasting longer, are easier on your clutch basket due to the tabs not being so sharp.

Anyway, it was a gift (free), so run it, you can always change back. :)

Feb 25, 2001
Thanx farmer I was really glad to hear that...put it this way it made my day hopefully I dont have much damage done to the basket due to running the Barnett for atleast 8 months. Is there any way to check to see if your clutch is worn out and needs to be changed. I was told to put the bike in second gear and ride it on a straight and then ride the rear brake and give more throttle if the bike revs up than your plates are ready to be changed...I tried that and it bogged which it should so does that mean I have plenty of life left ? Id rather not tear into the bike just yet . I have noticed that it is hard to get the front end of the bike up to do a wheelie . But then again I never tried doing wheelies till I have had the bike for a while so I dont remember if it would do it on a fresh clutch. I practically have to drop the clutch with little control in order to really get that front end up. Or atleast feed it REALLY quick to get that front end up.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
The best way to check a clutch is to measure the thickness of the plates & then compare your measurements to the manual.
Always measure all of the plate since they do not all wear exactly the same.

I havent had a 125 in 12 years, so I do not know how long they tend to last....

Top Bottom