Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
My bike fell 1/2 way off the trailer and now the handle bars are not straight. The forks tubes seemed to have moved to the right a bit(making the front tire point to the right). I attempted to straighten them out w/ a tree but how can i be sure they are straight? Will this cause any damage if they are not perfictly aligned?

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
loosen the 8 pinch bolts holding the forks on the triple clamps along with the axle and axle pinch bolts...give it a little wiggle back and forth to find the center again then tighten everything back up.

In a bind you can also squeeze the front tire with your knees then grab the bars and twist them back straight. It won't completely unbind them, when you get back to the pits you should really loosen everything.

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
Wiggle as in? Would turning the bars back n forth do it or should i grip the front wheel n pull and push it from me?

baggio

Dec 30, 2002
you really should just get out the 12 mm wrench and do it right. To make sure that they are really straight don't forget to remove the front fender.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Be sure that when you re-tighten the pinch bolts, use a torwue wrench and go too what your owners manual reccomends, i forget off the top of my head whats reccomended..
Rick

Top Bottom