Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
BBr sells what they call an oversize air filter for the TTR 125. We have opened up the airbox on my sons TTR 125 quite a bit and removed a bunch of the restrictive material in the filter mount . . . is there any benefit to the oversize filter? Does anyone have any experience with it? They want $79.95 for it . . . seems high, but I have been happy with everything else we have gotten from them. I guess I just want to get opinions from you guys . . . .

Thanks,

Bill

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I agree with you. Everything i have seen from BBR is excellent quality - just wished they were into mass production so that their prices were not so high.

I will probably get the high-flow air filter for my wifes tt-r. Should make a good stocking stuffer for X-mas;) .

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
We just sent out a bunch . . . don't know if there were any DRN names in there or not. They make a huge difference.

Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
I am sure they are a huge difference from stock, but I have removed most of the plastic on the stock filter mount plate to increase air flow . . . Will this filter make much of a difference in this case, or is my son better served by saving the money towards a pipe? Thanks!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Mine just arrived today and it's pretty impressive. First rate construction on the frame and a real UNI filter instead of that junk filter on the stocker. From initial impressions alone I'd say it's worth the price to have a high quality filter on the bike. The stock one is prone to passing dirt and mud.
I'm going to run flow bench tests on the stock filter, the BBR Hi Flow filter and no filter all running through a stock air box with the top cut open in the standard way most people are doing it. I should have results this weekend. Then I'll run some tests on the bike as well. I'll post my results so stay tuned.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The current ones won't have the Uni filter. We decided on the TwinAir since it has more rounded edges and fits in the airbox a little better. They both work the same, it was simply a matter of finish.

I'm glad you got yours, Rich--your old address was still in our computer and it got put on the UPS truck before I could change it. But we sent the correction so I'm glad they got it right.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by firecracker22
The current ones won't have the Uni filter. We decided on the TwinAir since it has more rounded edges and fits in the airbox a little better.

Cool. I've always prefered TwinAir filters anyway. From a filtering standpoint either one is a huge improvement over the stock Yamaha "how cheap can we make this part?" version. I'm looking forward to testing it's performance.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Here's a picture:

Attachments

• airfilter2_scopy.jpg
    airfilter2_scopy.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 298
Top Bottom