BBR

Apr 4, 2000
Hey guys, this is Duane from BBR. Just wanted to officially invite everybody at DirtRider.Net out to Glen Helen on April 21 & 22. We are sponsoring the 150 four-stroke mini class at the White Brothers 4-Stroke World Championships. Everybody is invited for an anything goes mini four-stroke race. The only rules are 150cc and smaller four-stroke and 19" wheels and smaller (no full sized bikes). We've got Lance Smail, Rich Taylor, Jimmy Lewis, Mike Healy, and a bunch of other fast pros signed up already. As usual, we'll have a host of riders from all over the country on everything from XR75's to full on works bikes. We are going to try to run everybody at once - last year we had 52 riders on the line - this year we're going for 100+. See you there!

Duane Brown
BBR Motorsports, Inc.

P.S. Oh yeah, we're putting up $6000 for the largest purse in mini-four stroke history. 1st - 10th pays like a normal pro race, 10 more positions will be randomly draw from a hat (by the winner) for wacky payback. That way, even last place has a shot at making money.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Sounds like a fun time in the making Duane. Make sure and post some pictures for us poor snowbound Midwesterners
smile.gif

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by kalitude:
Rich, say it's not so...your not bringing the SuperTTR machine??

It's still apart. I'm still waiting for Duane to get caught up and answer his e-mail so I can get some cams specs
biggrin.gif

BBR

Apr 4, 2000
Rich:

Here is the cam we developed with Powroll. These cam specs are directly from the install sheet:

Intake opens: 25 degrees BTDC
Intake closes: 55 degrees ABDC
Intake lift: .257"
Clearance: .003"

Exhaust opens: 51 degrees BTDC
Exhaust closes: 24 degrees ABDC
Exhaust lift: .256"
Clearance: .004"

This cam was designed to run with the stock springs - so it is pretty mild. I don't happen to have the duration at .050 specs. You could probably call Powroll for that. We're working on a billet wonder cam (with trick springs) but that is out a little ways - and it's top secret - so don't tell anybody.
smile.gif

Duane

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool thanks Duane. I guess you can delete the e-mail now
smile.gif

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I can't wait until my daughter's tall enough for the 150cc four stroke MX'r Yamaha is coming out with (still a rumor) - guess who'll ride it. hehe
biggrin.gif

------------------
Holeshot's Page

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I wish you guys would hold one of these races at the Four-stroke nationals in Spokane. I would love to race it, even though I'm slow and my bike still has stock suspension with no mods. It would be fun.

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
I wish I could make it. My brother has a had two of those DMC XRs (still has one). They were great bikes. A little too small in size for me, but watching a whole race with them would be pretty exciting. Heard the BBRs are even better. Hope everyone has fun.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Powroll will be there with a brand new engine in a BBR chassis.

The engine is still in development, but it'll be 150cc's, water cooled, dual overhead cams, four valve - etc, etc. There will be a spy pic up on the Powroll website next week.

Don't know how fast (or slow) it will be yet. Guess we'll have to wait 'till the BBR race to find out!

PJ

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Is the engine really "brand new", or is it based on an existing engine?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Now that would be COOL!!!

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by Vic:
Is the engine really "brand new", or is it based on an existing engine?

It's new. Hand built pretty much from scratch on everything except the tranny.

Ask Duane Brown or anyone who was at the BBR open house earlier this month, it was there on display!

PJ

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
DualSportr, Duane - How about some pictures, specs, something.
You guys are killing us here
smile.gif

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
I saw the proto at BBR's open house
smile.gif
It had Dual overhead cams , machined billet cylinder,downdraft intake all mated to a CR80 bottom end.
The turbo exhaust was not mounted yet
wink.gif

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
There is one pic on the Powroll website.

For anything else, you'll have to wait 'till the race!

Don't want to hype the enigne too much, after all, it could be a dog!

PJ

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I may attend this little event. IÕve got a couple people twisting my arm to go.
smile.gif
Sounds very boring and silly.
wink.gif
Kali, you should go . . . and race!! Pete told me youÕd be there. I hope you enter the race. Once you try it, youÕll love it and wonÕt be able to quit. When I entered my first race, IÕd only been on an mx track twice and thought of myself as a trail rider only. Well, now IÕm a full-blown adrenaline junkie and entering every race I can make it to even though I know I wonÕt win. ItÕs a good thing my skill level isnÕt at the same level I wish it were or IÕd be a lot more bruised and broken!
Anyway, hope to see you there. And as far as spy photos of the Powroll engine, IÕve got one from the open house . . . gotta get it scanned. Or maybe IÕll make you all beg . . . come on, guys, how bad ya wanna see it?!
wink.gif

Top Bottom