CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Vented gear makes a HUGE diff. I have some old Answer vented gear & some new Thor vented gear. The Answer is definitely cooler. I'd check out the Moose gear if I were you.

Also, keep a gallon of water in the cooler to pour over your head. It'll take you from "hot & lethargic" to just fine in minutes (coldest =best).

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
when i was a kid we went to roscommon mi with the grandparents, i'd ride til i couldnt stand it anymore then fill my helmet with water out of the old hand pump well ...............ahh cold natural spring water and put my helmet back on :cool:

repeat as necessary :aj:

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
CPT Jack said:
I'd check out the Moose gear if I were you.

:cool: That's what I got!

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
The Sahara jersey worked GREAT yesterday. The temps were around 95. Since I was only riding for a few miles, I just wore jeans and the jersey.

I rode about 4.5 miles of quick woods that we cleared at the in-laws' place and didn't hardly break a sweat while riding. I only started sweating when I jumped off the bike and walked inside :)

I'm looking forward to the pants upgrade.

denriz

Sep 24, 2003
I also ride in Florida so it is always hot and humid. I use most of the methods mentioned( camelback full of ice and water) I also take a cooler with drinks with me and when I take a break, I use the water from the melted ice in the cooler to soak my shirt. It is a little cold going back on, but feels good when you start riding again

cr80rRipper

May 12, 2005
if you have a junky cotton long sleeve shirt cut the arms off about 1.5-2 inchs before the elbow, and if you want you can also cut the collar into more of a v shape, also if you wear tall thick heavy socks with your boots,dont buy a bag of the ''no show socks'' or the shocks that when you wear sneakers you dont see the shocks(it helps alot). And if you can wear sunglasses or like a sportgoggle(i think thats the name) with a tint in the lense because it will ease tension in your cheek and eye area from squinting all day and will releave tension headaches.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
First thing in the morning is best as it's coolest....it's still very hot at sunset, and the first few hours after....at least here in Texas it is....once you get past 11:00 to 11:30 am, you're dealing with the oven, and after 2:00 pm it's the old blast furnace....

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I finally got to experience a full day's riding in 90+ weather this past Saturday sporting my Sahara jersey and pants and those things definitely make a difference. When I was done for the day, my legs weren't soaking wet like they were in my normal pants.

The jersey held up nicely, although I did notice a mild sunburn on my back the next day. Nothing serious though. I'm fair-skinned and it was gone the next day, not even any soreness.

I packed a towel in the ice chest and that thing was amazing. I just threw a few ice cubes in it, rolled it up, and put it around my neck between rides. I can honestly say that sitting in a chair in full gear (minus helmet, gloves) was completely comfortable, even when it was over 90 degrees.

Top Bottom