blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
Has anybody fabricated their own set of radiator guards? I know you can buy e.g. Devol guards which bolt on to the same points as the radiator, but I wonder if anyone thought about doing something beefier that would either weld or bolt onto the frame itself? I'm thinking about something similar to "crash guards" or "case savers" like you see on many harleys and metric cruisers.

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
Yamadad said:
Sounds like a good idea, but never "heard" it come up before. I say give it a try and let us know.
Considering all the DIY types on this list I find it hard to believe that nobody tried building their own rad guards before.

kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
Uh, I didn't see anything Kawasaki. Did I overlook it? Good looking product though. I will say that I have the Works Connection guards and have crashed probably 5 times really hard and see no damage to the rads. Maybe just lucky in regards to no rad damage?

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
syar said:
Just save your money and buy a pair of Devol's or Works Connection guards. It's worth the money!
I already have Works Connection guards, and so far they are holding up, but I want more protection. Take a look at just about every modern trials bike (sherco, gasgas, beta, etc.) - they are all designed with one radiator, and it is nestled between frame downtubes. Now that is serious radiator protection.

Top Bottom