CIER

Sep 13, 1999
I just bought a set of Devol Radiator guards for my 99 200. I looks like to put them on, all I need is the two guards and a couple of the longer bolts that are included in the kit. Also included in the kit is a bent aluminum bracket, 2 short phillips head screws, spacers and several other longer screws. What is all of that used for? I spent about 5 minutes in my +3 degree garage this morning trying to figure it out, but I got cold and decided to come back inside.

Jim

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Didn't you get any instructions? I suppose you could go to their website if they have one or e-mail them. I just went out to look at my YZ and mine are mounted using the radiator mounting bolts with spacers for the shrouds.:think

CIER

Sep 13, 1999
Ohhh. I bet a couple of the longer screws and the spacers are to help space the shrouds out. The instructions that came with it just said to remove the mount bolts and use longer bolts. Not very clear. That still doesn't tell me what the extra bracket is for. - and there is only one extra bracket, so it would only be for one side.

knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
I just put the same guards on my bike last week. The instructions are a waste. I didn't use the two gray spacers or very many of the extra mounting bolts. Everything bolted up OK but I did use a Dremmel tool on the guards so my shrouds would fit better. The bracket mounts on the left side guard using the two small screws to mount on the guard itself. I called Devol, figuring I was short another brace for the right side, but they assured me that for the KDX, the left side is the only one in the kit. There is room on the right side for a brace so I guess I'm just going to make my own.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
My Devol guards fit perfect, but what of the radiator wind directional vanes - are you to toss them or modify them to go over the guards?

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
You don't use the plastic louvers.

Top Bottom