Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am looking for a new helmet and noticed several dealers selling the Bell Moto-8 helmet at a reduced price. Does anyone have any experience with this helmet? I had Bell Helmets when I was much younger and they were the best available at the time (70s). Any recomendations or suggestions for a good affordable (less than $300) helmet.

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
I just got a Moto 8 in the blk, red, and yell Motoworld color scheme for $175.99 w/free shipping, Im liking the helmet so far. It was sort of a treat for me as I was planning to get a Kombat helmet that didnt appeal to me as much.

I wasnt sure at first with it, I had gotten a small size because I was 21 3/4" and 22" is the cutoff for small. They come with 2 sizes of cheek pads, and the smaller ones were already installed in my helmet. It was very tight at first and I almost sent it back for a medium(still considering it). If your near the next size up on the sizing chart like I was I would probably just go up. The helmet does seem to have a "break in" time as well, as it fits much better now with about a couple hours worth of wear on it.

Im having a minor problem with goggles. I am not sure if this is because I have the small size shell over than the med-xl sizes or what, but my Oakley O-frame goggles are just a tiny bit to wide for the helmet, they fit in, but a slightly smaller goggle would fit better(any suggestions appreciated!!).

I bought the Bell because I used them also in the past, I liked this color scheme and look, I couldnt afford the Arai!, and I knew it would be good quality.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
My son got a Moto 8 McGrath replica in Red and I think it's a sharp looking helmet. He's hardly used the thing so I asked him why and he says it's not as comfortable on his head. One of the dangers of buying online without the chance to fit the helmet. Sadly we are going to sell it since it's sitting unused and he always wears his One Trooper now or his old M2R Pastrana replica. Sure seems like a quality helmet to me though.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
O3RM125 said:
IIm having a minor problem with goggles. I am not sure if this is because I have the small size shell over than the med-xl sizes or what, but my Oakley O-frame goggles are just a tiny bit to wide for the helmet, they fit in, but a slightly smaller goggle would fit better(any suggestions appreciated!!).

How about the Thor goggles. My son got a couple pairs last season and they seem to be a bit smaller.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I ended up buying a discontinued Fox V3 on-line for $199. I believe it is an 07 model. I seen one up close that a friend has and to looks like a pretty good helmet. My fear is the on-line size thing and not trying it on. I am still waiting for delivery (suspense).

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I wear a Moto 8 also and have been very satisfied with it. For my head shape/size it fits nice and snug with no pinching or binding. Finish is good, but not great. As all ready noted, Oakley O-frame goggles do not fit well. I have no problems with Scott Voltage goggles which doesn't bug me as I've never liked the Oakley goggles. I've had my Moto 8 for right at a year and it has held up well. I would not hesitate to purchase anther Moto 8 when the time comes.

Top Bottom