Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Story at Motorcyle Daily :

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/06july07_benelli.htm

070607top.jpg

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Is it wierd to see a bike with the chain on the right? I've never seen one in person. I would also think left side kick would be strange(though this may be e-start?). It's a wicked lookin bike though! Seems like they like the look of the new KTM sidepanels.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Are the Japanese the only ones capable of engineering a front fender that doesn't need a brace?

With BMW, Aprilia, and now Benelli there are going to be a bunch of cool alternatives if you are looking for a 450.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
that's kinda purty . . .

formerly the same company as that which makes the firearms, but the motorcycle part was split off and is owned by the Chinese Group Qianjiang . . .

interesting . . .

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Looks alot like their street bike...

Flippin' sweet! I wonder how much it's going to cost. Imagine the looks you get when you show up at a race with that bike... :D :D :D

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
thebleakness said:
Looks alot like their street bike...

Flippin' sweet! I wonder how much it's going to cost. Imagine the looks you get when you show up at a race with that bike... :D :D :D

Imagine the laughs if it breaks or you come in last...... j/k

Very interesting bike - I think it's cool to be different too. I too wonder how much it will cost......is it EFI?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great pictures. What magazine or website did you pull that info from?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Great pictures. What magazine or website did you pull that info from?

Rich.

Don't know where Rushy got them but I saw them on MotoTalk the other day..

Looks like they finally caught up with some of Eric's and your designs. Bout time doncha' think? :whoa:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
Looks like they finally caught up with some of Eric's and your designs. Bout time doncha' think? :whoa:

LOL :) I just hope they have enough airbox volume in that design so they don't end up choking the engine like Cannondale did.

It looks like a very interesting design and it should be fun to see how it works once they hit the production stage. :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
This is way cool,benelli,they have been around a while! any truth to Preds statement,are these coming out of china,or just owned by such? Beemer still looks better! And yes,where is a competitive bike from the USA?

May 9, 2007
It's a cool looking bike, but how are you supposed to grip the thing when you're riding it? I grip my bikes with my knees, but there ain't nothin' on that bike to grip but the engine and exhaust. :whoa:

The fuel tank and filler is under the seat. That would be a fun pit stop in a Hare Scramble... :laugh:

Just a guess, but that under-seat tank would definitely need a fuel pump to fed the engine. Fuel Injection, maybe? :think:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Looks interesting..... looks small for some reason...

And the gas tank is weird.. under the seat.. I agree with Filthy_McNasty on that oon though...

Anyway here are more pics...

Close up of engine...
benelli-449bx-3.jpg

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
olderndirtmom said:
Yes China. You don't honestly believe he makes that kinda crap up?

Might be funnier to just let him say it for hizself....
the chinamen own the company, but I believe they are still built in Italy

and that weren't that funny, were it?

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
XRpredator said:
the chinamen own the company, but I believe they are still built in Italy

and that weren't that funny, were it?

Perhaps you underestimate yourself.

Or perhaps I underestimate the general apathy of people willing to look things up for themselves.

Or perhaps I'm just a crabby old woman. :rotfl:

Two weeks of being trapped with the computer as your only diversion to cranky kids suffering from enteroviruses (103 degree fever, headaches, etc.if you must know) have clearly clouded my judgement. Mea culpa.

but... for the naturally curious...===>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hmmm... I wonder what this button does?
http://members.chello.nl/e.salomons2/links.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MUCH ADO ABOUT BENELLI :blah: :blah: :blah:

19 October 2006 - by Alastair Walker - Inside Bikes - insidebikes.com

There have been rumours in the bike industry for the last few months that Italian based manufacturer Benelli were planning to launch up to seven new models/concept bikes at Intermot.

In reality, it was a mere four, but the bikes demonstrate a serious intention from the Chinese owned Italian company, which hints at an expanded range of machinery to come in the next two or three years and volume production, in all market segments.

The flagship TRE-K roadster is based on the existing TnT 1130 machine, but the exciting thing to see are new concepts like the Due 750 twin and the 500cc Supermoto/MX machine that Benelli had at Intermot. But the real make or break model was the 49cc scooter on show, as you might expect from a Chinese owned motorbike company.

Make or break, surely I am joking? Nope, the fact is that Benelli needs to have its name on the side of Chinese made 50cc-125cc scooters, assembled in kit form within the EU, in order to fund the volume sales necessary to make exciting road bikes. Volume sales can build a quality dealer network, a reputation for spares back-up, value-for-money and more.

The 500cc twin cylinder Supermoto/Motocrosser machine might well prove a strong seller in the EU as well. The mid-sized sectors of the market are set to expand, as big bikes become expensive liabilities for amny riders.

You see bikers are likely to be forced by safety pestering governments to ride smaller, slower bikes in the next five years - whether they like it or not - and the two classes which will show strong growth will be the 500-600cc retro/scrambler twins and 750cc-800cc roadster/sportsters.

Machines like the BMW F800S, Z750S, Triumph Scrambler 900 and the Benelli Due 750 all offer simple, weekend fun, ditto a 500cc twin cylinder Supermoto/enduro/MX style bike.

The same 500cc engine chassis could be converted into a pocket sized sports-tourer, a cafe racer, or maxi scooter at a push too - such versatility in engineering formats is the key to survival for all motorcycle manufacturers.

It's very unlikely that any company will be able to make more than four basic motorcycle engine/chassis packages within a decade. The Chinese will see to that - because they will control 60% of the world's two wheel market, which will be sub 250cc scooters/commuters.

But the Chinese have ambitions to make big bikes too, after all, they already make plenty of parts for Harley-Davidsons, Hondas or Triumphs, so there's no reason why they cannot aspire to make - or even own - those famous marques one day.

The refreshing thing is that the Chinese owners of Benelli have ambition enough to keepc on making unique, individual motorcycles, not just mass market scooters.

You have to admire that determination to succeed at every level. It will make Benelli a force to be reckoned with sooner, rather than later.

Total Motorcycle Rocks!
ICQ Number

~~~~~~~~~
Want a phonetic translation of Qianjiang? Cheeun-jung. (That's a lota help, I'm sure.) And it means hidden river. Or so I'm told. ;)

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now that is more like it mom,thanks. You bet I have a lazy streak,just not when it comes to mx! Your issues made me wince,good luck! I had visions of spikes and heels,thats another story. It truly amazes me the high quality of crap that comes out of that area,china. I always figured that it could be overcome,on here I have been enlightened to the fact of audi and yamaha's adventure with gradeschool labor. I know,but it sounds better! I do not believe you or I can make a true assessment of Preds postings!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Now that is more like it mom,thanks. You bet I have a lazy streak,just not when it comes to mx! Your issues made me wince,good luck!

My issues make many people wince. :whoa:

Last edited:
Top Bottom