Best way to remove grip glue from handlebars?

freakystyley

Nov 27, 2006
if you have air tools, use a soft scotchbrite pad on an angle grinder and make sure to keep it moving and do not let it eat into the bar. otherwise a gasket scraper/razor blade and some brake cleaner to soften it up should get it off.
I never had any luck with goo b gone or any of those infomerical concauctions - sometimes just gasoline on a rag can do the trick - just be careful about tossing it out.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
For anything but Kawasaki, a wire wheel in a hand drill.

For a Kawasaki, throw the handlebar and throttle tube away and buy new ones. I don't know what they use, but that stuff they put on KX throttles makes the grip become one with the throttle tube and handlebar.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
For anything but Kawasaki, a wire wheel in a hand drill.

For a Kawasaki, throw the handlebar and throttle tube away and buy new ones. I don't know what they use, but that stuff they put on KX throttles makes the grip become one with the throttle tube and handlebar.

Isnt that the truth, I have carved pieces of plastic throttle tube away trying to get the stock grip off my Kawasaki throttle tube.

Contact Cleaner and a rag usually works pretty good on the other brands once you get the big pieces off.

Top Bottom