zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I just have to let everyone know how awesome “zia” is. Yesterday when I got home from work, she and I were watching the news and talking about the economy, our decision to keep our 5 year old minivan instead of buying a new Honda Odyssey, etc. There was a significant pause in our conversation as we were fixated on one of Neil Cavuto's guests speaking about the current state of the market. After a while, she asked me an off the wall question- "Would you give up getting a motorcycle so that I could have liposuction?" Let me say my wife is not fat, but still has a bit of a tummy after our little girl was born in April, and like many women raising two kids just doesn't have the energy to got to the gym yet. I pondered her question seriously, then replied "Sure". I love my wife, and other than a sick shoe fetish, she's never asked for anything expensive ($500 or more) in our 7 year marriage. I often feel guilty for my hobbies that cost so much.

The conversation drifted back to the economy, and the uneasy feeling I have about going into further debt for a new car especially since I have several high-tech clients, many of which are dropping like flies. She got a sick look on her face, as if whe was ready to cry, and said "I was going to buy you a motorcycle for Christmas". All of a sudden I remembered all the questions she's been asking the last few days about what motorcycle I'd buy, how much do they cost, how would I transport it since I sold the trailer, she even asked if I'd ever go out and buy a motorcycle without telling her first (like I did with my CR). She planned on going down to the shop all by herself, picking me up the bike of my dreams, and having my brother-in-law sneak it into the living room in the wee hours of Christmas morning. She had even called around to a few shops already to price new kTm’s, & ask about financing.

I swear, my heart melted that instant. I was more upset for her than for myself, she honestly wanted to do that for me because she loves me so much. Wow. That’s just as good as actually getting the bike.

She still wanted to buy me one, even after the surprised was ruined, but I said it really wasn't a good idea for the family right now. We agreed to talk about it again after Christmas, and if all is well, let her go down and buy me a bike all by herself. I asked her if there wasn’t anything she wanted for herself instead, she said “no”. She wasn’t serious about the lipo, that was just a trick question to see where my heart was.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Ouch yzeater! :eek:

Zio, glad to hear she wasn't serious about lipo! :scream:

Hey, why not get her a bike too, it's amazing what it can help you get rid of. Heck, I lost 185 lbs when I decided I wanted to ride more than just the logging trails. Of course it looks as though I've gained back about 170 lbs because of my desire to ride but it's in a much nicer package! :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
zio, I hope the economy is kind to you in the near future, so she can do this for you!

And you bet your sweet bippy you'd better do something extra special super duper good for her!

You're a lucky man!

Change the sig line, for the better. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Your a lucky guy Zio. My wife is pretty much the same way (doesn't ask for much and let's me get toys). Sure hope she's been talking to "zia" :D

Mianjet2001

Oct 10, 2001
Just like I have always said, if you think you know women, you are not to swift.
That lady is a keeper and again "you are a lucky man".
I suggest you buy her some flowers (mother natures way of getting out of trouble).:cool:

cr250john

Jun 14, 2000
Gotta LuV Um...

MY wife is the same way I bet most "MX Widows" are.

Over the past 2 years I have purchased a '95 Yamaha Virago street bike for me, two '00 XR100's for the kids, a '00 CR250 for me, a Trailer for the bikes, sold the XR's and bought two '01 CR80's for the kids, numerous extra parts - MX clothing for the three of us - and on and on......
She doesn't ask for squat except an occasional dinner out. She even goes with us to the practice MX track and packs us lunch. :)

Guess we should appreciate what we have more! Ya think?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
:) :) :)

Warm fuzzies are nice! Great stories!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
When I read that your wife was watching Neil Cavuto with you told me all I needed to know!

Happiness is having a wife that will watch Fox news with you! :)

Congrats, Zio.:cool:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by bbbom
Heck, I lost 185 lbs when I decided I wanted to ride more than just the logging trails. Of course it looks as though I've gained back about 170 lbs because of my desire to ride but it's in a much nicer package! :cool:

bbbom - Get a life. There is no way you ever lost 185lbs (combined, in your entire life) I can't imagine you overweight. Especially, given the way you can ride:D

Zio - awesome lady! I have met quite a few of the lucky guys over the years, who have great wives. I too became one of those lucky guys almost 6 years ago.
Enclosed trailer for X-mas last year. She did all the work herself, I never had a clue what she was doing (until a couple of days before X-mas- Long Story).

Zio - Business cycles are normal. More will return. Good LucK!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm a member of the lucky husband club :) Scooter bought me a 250F as a surprise :scream: .... that was very cool, but I knew how lucky I was long before that.

Good read Zio.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Your a lucky man Zio. Its too bad more women arent like your wife.

My current wife has gone through 3 cars in three years. :eek:
Although the last one is reasonable. (a 2001 Hyundai Sonata)
Always wants to eat out, buys the best of everything, you know the type.
The other weekend we went down to the local Honda shop to check out possible minibikes for her son. (in my old '90 Bronco 2)
While checking them out i asked the salesguy some questions about a 2001 XR650R that was sitting there.
She gives me this evil look and says: "how much is that one??"
I replied: "about 6"
Her: "six hundred DOLLARS??? yeesh!"

See what some of us have to work with.........:confused:

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Yes I did, Strick and in one day too!!! Okay, it was the exboyfriend but hey, like I said, you can lose lots of unwanted stuff when you get into riding!!! ;) (The 170 isn't actually attached to me physically either;))

BTW, I remember the trailer Xmas present story. You know how all of us Reno SF riders feel about your wife. :cool:

Hmmmm maybe it's something about the bikes. Okay now everyone sing

"Everything is beautiful, it's a sunshiny daaaaayyyyyyy.........."

Hey Sunday, maybe you need to get her a bike!!!:eek:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Yes I got one of the good ones also. When we got married the wedding was on Sat and I left with my dad on Sunday for a 10 day Canada fishing trip. She didn't complain that year or the next 14 when I was in Canada for our aniversary- my dad and I had done this trip since I was 10 years old. I 'left on the 15th year only to go about 5 miles from home to a club I belong to where one of our neighbors took her out that night - we had a surprise anniversary party for her. Now with thekid in the picture Canada has faded away to keep him racing and even tho she rides very little she takes him to races (as far as 240 miles one way) on weekends I have to work- all by herself. To top it all off she even raced (well at least rode) in the DW01 women's MX- thanks to scooter and Gospeed for talking her into it and giving her lessons and encouragement right up to the start. Racing isn't her calling but being a great wife and Mom she excells at.

CAB

Nov 18, 1999
Yes- many of us are indeed lucky to have married up. You can add my name to that list. In addition to supporting my habit (two dirtbikes for the last eight years), she also let me keep my bikes in the dining room and living room for a number of years. While I try not to spend too much on the fun stuff, inevitably, every 3-5 years I get the itch for a new/used steed and she supports me fully. Even with our new daughter, she doesn't complain when I leave every Sat. morning at 7am for a good ride.

Next test: Kid # 2 which is probably right around the corner. So far--so good! I count my blessings every chance I get.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I believe that I married up... and for the last time! (thank goodness..)

Susan, aka "the Ant" rides! Her first "vehicle" was a '65 BMW R60 that she hid from her parents. <grin>

She now rides a Kawasaki Ninja 600 ZX6-E and loves canyon-carving and cross-country, multi-day trips.

Oh... did I mention she rides in the dirt.. and likes the mud! This last weekend we did the Washougal GP in WA. They use part of the Washougal MX track and 4-5 miles of woods and grass track. Great course! Unfortunately it had rained that morning and the mx course was deep grease.

Didn't faze her. She just went for it. Must of crashed 12 times in an hour an half - and a couple were real doozys. I had to her dig her bike out of the bushes more than once - but she'd just grin and take off again! In a couple of the drier sections she was running my pace or slightly faster. Which was, uh... a little unsettling. <grin>

Since she is just over 5' we had to bite the bullet and get a BBR200. Which she loves of course...! (see Susan's scoot here:

http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Bikes/Bike76/Bike76.htm

We the race was over ... both bikes were packing about 47 lbs of mud. But she had the biggest grin on her face and wanted to know whem we're going to do it again. And then helped clean the bikes and all the gear that night.

So what does she ask me today? "Hey, there's a play day this weekend! Can we go back so I can practice my mud skills some more?"

Not bad for 49 years old! 'course it doesn't hurt that Susan was already "bent" like the rest of us. <grin>

Cheers! muddy and happy in Oregon

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Forgot to mention... We got married in Las Vegas on Cinco de Mayo this year (drive-through tunnel... had things to do you know...!) followed by going to the season-ending Supercross on our honeymoon night!

We had a ball at the races, of course. When I asked if she was at all bothered by going to "the races" on our honeymoon night, she replied, "heck no, that was fun! Besides, this is Vegas and we get to stay up forever, right? Plus, we'll just get one of those yard-long Margaritas when it's time to head back and do.... <evil grin>"

yassuh.... got's me a keeper!

the only downside to all this? Any thing fun I do... she has to do... so everything fun costs x2..! But I think i can live with that..... - E-T

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Humbug

Zio--Seein' as how you passed the trick question test so easily, I figger you're entitled to ask one too. Some night when you two are nice and cozy on the sofa, why not slip this little Q into the conversation:

Hey sweetie, can I go riding next weekend with some girl I met on the internet?

On second thought, I'm the last person you should be taking marital advice from.:confused: So...Don't do it!

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
Me Too....

My wife is great, I'm the one who hesitates on buying "toys" she is always saying "you work hard,... buy it" the guys in the shop just cant believe it. The guys I work with are always complaining about their wifes spending and nagging and dont believe me when I tell them how good our relationship is. I feel sorry for them.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
I must also be in the "Lucky Club". On my 30th birthday, I returned from a four day dirtbiking trip to Land Between the Lakes to find that my wife had bought me a brand new CR500. I'll never sell it.......

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
The Ninja is electric. The BBR is a kickey-kickety-kick. And no - the job is taken. (grin) - E-T

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
I found a great one too!

My wife and I had planned to get married on September 15th of this year. Unfortunately, I was in New york on 9/11 when tragedy stuck. Needless to say I couldn't get a flight back home for our wedding so we called everyone and postponed it until the 21st.

Of course, most of the people couldn't make it (many are from out of town) and we lost our spot in the church. We had a small, but beautiful, wedding in her dad's back yard. The air travel issues also messed up our honeymoon plans which have now been put on hold until next year. Talk about dissapointing!

Although the wedding wasn't really what we wanted, we DID manage to save some serious cash due to the lack of attendees. The next day we stopped by the local Kawasaki dealer to look for new gear for our 4 and 6 year boys. I happened to sit on an '02 Kx500, just to see how it fit, you know.;)

What does she do? She says 'Why don't you buy it, we have lots of money left over from the wedding and honeymoon'. :scream: I couldn't believe my ears! She'd been bugging me the last year to get rid of a bike or two and now she suggests that I get a brand-spankin' new Kawi! How could I refuse?

God, I love my wife! Not for the bike, but because even in the face of dissappointment and sorrow about the tragedy on 9/11 she wanted to make me feel better. What a woman.

Top Bottom