Big decisions

HGilliam

Lifetime Sponsor
Get a job at Cyclenews. Best of both worlds, Traveling, writing, photography and motorcycles!I did it back in the '70's and enjoyed the job and experience.
Do it while you are young and unattached.

Toolman :thumb:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Well I am looking for a reporting job, it doesn't HAVE to be in the moto industry but bonus if it is. I really do better at feature writing and human interest pieces but can write anything. A weekly alternative newspaper or magazine would be better since they tend to be more feature-oriented, but at this stage in my career I can't be too choosy.

So far I have a 10-page list of potential jobs in nearly every state. I am too much of a country small town girl to be happy in a huge city so Chicago, NY, etc aren't real interesting to me. As for weather, I am very spoiled by the perfect weather in the NW but I can adapt to anything. Texas, Mississippi, Wyoming and Colorado so far had some of the jobs that caught my eye the most. I can go anywhere; as I weed through the list I made, I will start getting in touch with local DRN members to find out about that area.

I'm excited and happy and feel free, not at all nervous or unsure or sad. I think that means I'm doing the right thing for me.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
An unbound woman will inevitabily make history

Best of luck

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
Sometimes you just need to test the water! choose where you want to live. then see if there's work in the area! take a real close look @ your life style and needs then look to see if the area can fill the bill. after seeing the beauty of the SW and lake meed & powel area. with my boating /trail riding loves I just wish my golden chains were'nt so tight! I'd me on my way!!!! good luck F/C !

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
FC, if you want to try it, think about KY, the cost of living is relativly low and I live just south to the largest city, Lexington. My rent is only about $270.00 a month but you can get a hose or a really nice duplex fo between $500-700.00 a month. Take a LOOK.

Good Luck,
Phillip

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
Just remember this, IOWA stands for I Oughta Went Around! :eek: :)

I'm in a similar dilemna, sick of my job, sick of this state, and ready for change. Sounds like you are ready for the change. Go for it and enjoy this great country.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
If you're a small town country girl, you'll love Western KY. I honestly couldn't be paid to live anywhere else. Great people, great schools, good job opportunities, and good riding! There is a broadcasting company in the area that is always advertising on the radio about job opps. in the marketing/broadcasting/publishing field. Withers Broadcasting. I couldn't find a website, but I'll try to catch their phone # next time I hear their advertisement. And we're right on KY and Barkely lakes, so there are a few feature oriented papers that circulate. If you are an outdoor person, Western Ky is the place to be. Land Between the Lakes is a HUGE recreation area with camping, hiking, hunting, biking, 2500 acres of OHV trails, and all the water activities you want. The weather here is pretty moderate. Maybe a couple of weeks of 0 deg. temps. in the winter, a couple of weeks in the summer with 100+ temps. Other than that, it is usually between 40 and 90 degrees throughout the year, with only moderate storms. And we're not too far from larger cities if you want to go somewhere for a day or weekend: 3 hours from St. Louis, 3 hours from Louisville, 3 hours from Memphis, 1 1/2 hours from Nashville. Good luck! :)

Click Here for Land Between the Lakes

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
Originally posted by dklink2000

$270!!?? Wow thats really good!
You ought to see the waiting list to get into these apartments.I waited almost a year and a half to get into one :eek:

Phillip

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
FC- About a year after I graduated from college I threw my bike and the rest of my belongings into the back of my Toyota P/U and left the Pacific Northwest for a two-year stint in Houston, TX. That was 12 years ago. :scream:

I've travelled to 44 of the 50 United States. Seen the pyramids in Egypt, a concentration camp in Poland and Ground Zero. My life has completely changed. I met and married a woman that can actually put up with me and we have a wonderful son. I've also made a lot of great friends along the way, many of them right here on DRN.

Twelve years ago I took a chance and I'm glad that I did. Every once in a while I do miss living in the Pacific Northwest, but Seattle is only a plane ride away. After a week there I realize why I left.

Not sure of the exact quote, but "the joy is in the journey not the destination."

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
Originally posted by WoodsRider

Twelve years ago I took a chance and I'm glad that I did. Every once in a while I do miss living in the Pacific Northwest, but Seattle is only a plane ride away. After a week there I realize why I left.

Not sure of the exact quote, but "the joy is in the journey not the destination."
WR, I think that says it all :thumb:

FC22, You know what you feel in your heart. Follow that and enjoy!

Phillip

Jeff Allen

Lifetime Sponsor
Hope you find what your looking for FC, the worse thing in the world you could do is not follow your heart.