ninja nate

Sep 12, 2004
alright guys, im moving into the dirt section. been riding street bikes for about 5 years now. my newest bike is a kawasaki zx-10r. i live off of green. anyway, im looking for a bike to play around in the dirt. i know the difference between 2 and 4 strokes. i know i want a 2 stroke. have heard good things about the kdx 200/220. always good things about the kx's. i will be playing around on a track, not racing yet, and toying around in trails. my biggest problem is that i am currently 6'3'' and 260 lbs. what is my best option for a bike that will be enough power to haul me around, and i already know whatever i get ill need to get the suspension redone. darn my corn-fed butt. i ride my street bikes very aggressively and b/c of my bike i had to learn throttle control. so im not looking for a beginners bike, im looking for a bike that will accommodate my size on the track and in trails. pricing really isn't a problem, i will pay top dollar for quality. so any help i would greatly appreciate it. thank you all for reading this and your tips.

nathan

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I'm 260ish and the KDX220 works for me but, I'm very slow (not mentally). ;)

ninja nate

Sep 12, 2004
how does the susupension hold up? have you done anything to it? where all do you take it? i plan on doin jumps when i get used to the whole bike being off the ground instead of just the front end. im seeing an awful lot of 250's that are a few years old that seem pretty cheap? whats up with that? how would they do in the trails?

ninja nate

Sep 12, 2004
well guys, after lots and lots of research i finally figured out what i need, a wr450f. anyone have experience with these? love to hear about it. im also going to have an extra set of wheels and tires set up for supermoto, that way i can take care of my street riding as well :eek: :eek:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
If you have to have a Yami go see marv out in warensburg cycles, or just give him a call. Too bad on the KDX as I have one I'd sell that already has an MX-Tech suspension on it.

ninja nate

Sep 12, 2004
yeah i was there yesterday, dont have any wr450's they have an 02 wr426 though. but i am going to have to wait till after i get back from korea. and knee surgury is coming up in a few weeks, so i guess ill just get an 05 leftover. it will still work, just have to wait

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
I've heard a lot of people afraid a KDX won't pull them but I think the 220 has plenty of bottom power. As for suspension some put XR400 fork springs in their KDX, adjust the rear shock, and like it a lot. A KX250 is said to be a good trail bike and is still a MXer. Are you seriously racing(or just riding) supermoto? Most of the pro supermoto riders ride KTM450s or CRFs(I don't know whats better about them though). I don't think it would matter which bike if you you just did it for fun once in a while. I wish someone would go out there with a huge 2 stroke and smoke all them 450's!

ninja nate

Sep 12, 2004
well to be honest with you, id love to have a new kx500 that would be the shiznit. too bad they have been discontinued this year :bang: im thinking if i tried i could pick up an 04 for pretty cheap :cool: but im on my way to korea for a year. don't really want to buy a bike for it to sit a year. so when i come back ill probably pick up a left over 05 450. my heart lies with kawi :worship: but i wouldn't mind having a yami or honda. both are decent bikes i think. does the crf450x have electronic start? i just think it would be a nice option, especially coming from street bikes

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
TwoStroker said:
I wish someone would go out there with a huge 2 stroke and smoke all them 450's!

Good luck! :rotfl:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom