kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Hey so ive been riding alot. Right now im riding my clapped out 97 kx125. Its old and beat and I rape it 2-3 times a week.

I was riding a deep sand track yesterday and was really struggling. The bike just didnt have enough nuts to clear alot of the jumps.

Heres the question: Do i still really suck, or is a 125 just underpowered. I feel like I can ride it pretty good for being in my first year of riding but sometimes I struggle with lack of power.

I hopped on my buddies 450 and started clearing a bunch of jumps.....?

Should I keep riding this beat bike since i still am learning or do you think i could progress faster on a 250f?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
IMO, learning to ride on a 125 will make you a better rider. A 250F or 450 is much easier to ride and will let you develop/get by with some bad/lazy habits.

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
i know that when i get on a bigger bore thumper, i tend to let the bike do alot more of the work, if that makes sense, but when i hop on a screamer i have to pay more attention to throttle control, braking, and turning, its almost like its effortless on some of the bigger bikes, get that 125 going, you will corner, jump, better balance, style ,everything will be better about your riding, just dont lose that when you upgrade

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
I plan on finishing out the season on the 125....

I just cant clear alot of jumps with short run ins now matter how pinned I got the thing......Im sure it doesnt help riding deep sand tracks either...

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Ok I can answer my own question now....... i just still suck.

I went back to the track last night and started clearing some of the big dogs.

It just so scetch rollin into a jump swabbing in deep sand pinned in 5th. I was just scared of the high speed dance the bike was doing in the sand. When in doubt pin it.....it works!

Top Bottom