jreghs50

Jan 2, 2003
at the local track there is a tabletop that is about 60' and it is after a set of flat s-turns and when you get out of the last turn the face is right there. I have tried every thing to carry my speed thru the last turn but i almost wash out every time
so how can i get the speed to clear the jump and stay rubber down???????

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
upshift and slip the hell outta the clutch

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Try to take the most outside line as possible and square up to the table as fast as you can, the hammer on the gas/let out the clutch. Hammer too soon or dump the clutch too much while turning and you're gonna wash. Sounds like it might be beneficial to preload your suspension while going off the face as well to get extra lift since it has a short run out of the turn.

I'm assuming you're already cleared it and know what it takes and how it feels? If not - skip the turn and come straight at it to get the feel first.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Take the outside first then cut to the middle to straighten out the bike and slip the clutch to get to the power band and leave it pinned. Don't let up and don't stand up. Seat bounce it to get some extra distance. I just did a jump like this yesterday. Huge table top with 12 foot face right out of flat corner. I got over it every time doing that method.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Just be careful seat bouncing- practive it on smaller jumps first. The further back you sit, the bigger the bounce, and the greater the risk of an endo...

kawakid

Dec 18, 2003
i have found that on flat turns, if you lean the bike down but not ur body so much, that it gives u better grip. Also just feather the clutch to keep the rpm's up, and if u have to , power slide

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
seat bounce. But like they said practice this first on some small jump that you feel real comfortable on. When you get that technique down you should be able to easily spring over this jump

jreghs50

Jan 2, 2003
The only way ive been able to get over it is to come from behind the berm with a straight run, would stayin low help?? but also there is a probaly a 45' step up after the tabletop and when you land you are goin so fast that it is hard to get slow down even with the engine brakin there is not alot of space to slow down and i dont want to over jump it so how can i get over it and slow down enough for the step up

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
If you can't clear it then trying to stay will only make harder to clear. What is after the step-up and why do you need to slow down for it? Perhaps sucking the bike up to you to stay low would work if your going too fast for the stepup. Maintain speed but not overjump stepup.

frankrock363

Sponsoring Member
Jan 21, 2004
By seat bouncing the jump it will not only spring you over it but you will notice that you will not need as much speed to do it.I'm sure you've heard slow down to speed up.With the extra hight that should slow you down enough that you should be able to just coast over the step up and not go to far.Like everyone else has said just get used to the feel of seat bouncing before you go for it.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Get a 525SX and bog through the corner, hit it hard on the exit and you should over shoot the landing!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom