whatever

Jun 19, 2003
I recently bought my son a used 98 kx60 and when he slows to turn the bike bogs and sometimes stalls. I have removed the carb and cleaned all the jets, etc, cleaned and reoiled the air filter, but with the same result. The bike starts in one or two kicks, idles fine and runs well when riding in a straight line. The bike was ridden pretty hard by the previous owner. Any help is appreciated. Could I have a problem with crank bearings?

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
i might be missing somthing here but mabe he needs to downshift coming into corners??? what gear is he in, its only a 60 so it wont have alot of power to take off in high gears.

whatever

Jun 19, 2003
Throttle cable is good. It is not a shifting or gear problem as I have ridden it to make sure. I was discussing with a riding buddy and I think you may have something regarding the float adjustment and or replacement of the float valve and seat. Thanks,

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
What happens stopped, in neutral and you turn the bars lock to lock and play with the cable, etc? If it's a cable or float problem you should be able to replicate it sitting still. (Sounds like rider in-experience to me.)

Top Bottom