Bike for girlfriend

cojo

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. Looks like a cool site and a lot of helpful info.. anyway...I am waiting on my new yz250f to get in and im trying to find a dirtbike for my girlfriend. She is too scared of a 125, she thinks they are too big for her, and she sat on an 85 and that was too small, do you think maybe a 100cc 2 stroke or maybe a honda crf230f would be a good choice. are there any xr's that are in that size range. I dont really like the yamaha ttr's. I would rather get her a bike to grow into than get it and say i need something bigger in 6 months. Any input is helpful. thanks. cole

How about a KDX, they are easily lowered if that's an issue and easy to ride. Price is good too and she can grow into it.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
Mi. Trail Riders
I'm 5'3" and started on an XR100, I outgrew that in about 6 months, went to an 80 and outgrew that in 3 months. I'm now on a 125. I've been on that for 2 and a half years...I got used to the size of the 125, because I race and I'm too old for any of the 80 classes and I'd get my butt kicked in 17-25 (I'm 21). KDX's are a good first choice, but it's all on what she's comfortable on. Maybe stick with a 4 stroke. Like the CRF230 or TTR-225.

Zerotact

Subscriber
A kdx is a great bike, but if she feels it;s too big, I would seek a Honda XR that feels the right size for her.....