Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
Alright, my uncle is looking for a bike. He is 6ft about. MAybe about 180 pounds. He is looking for a bike to ride arouind on. I doubt he will ride very much but he wants to ride with me and his son who rides a ttr-125. He use to ride a bike but hasent in a while. I think he owned like an 84 rm125. Not sure the year but i know it was an rm125. He said he wants a bike that can wheelie but he doesnt want to have to always keep the thing up in high rmps, i guess he means he wants to go slow and trail ride sometimes too. He wants a bike thats got some good power but also not something to hard to maintain. He is very very mechainically inclined. So im sure he would like to do the maintainance thing. He says he doesnt want to spend more than $2000 on a bike that will work for him. Though im sure as he gets into it he may buy some upgrades. Any idea's would be great. Thanks

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I bet he'd like a Honda XR250, the older air cooled kind... I bet you could find a great one for 1,500, and then get some gear too... Should be able to wheelie it fine :cool:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
dante said:
I bet he'd like a Honda XR250, the older air cooled kind... I bet you could find a great one for 1,500, and then get some gear too... Should be able to wheelie it fine :cool:

That would probably work great.

If he wanted to go with a 2 stroke, a KDX 200 or a 250 MX bike would work well.

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
do you think he would be able to use a 250 mx to go slow in the trails? I dont think he would mind a 2 or a 4 stroke so either would work.

apb

Feb 1, 2005
The 250mx would take a bit more work to go slow on trails with.. They like to rip. An enduro 2stroke would be more suited to the job, with the heavier flywheel already in place, and the softer suspension as well. Something like a ktm 250mxc or exc (now xc or xc-w in 2006), or if he can find a clean rmx250. But the best choice might be a kdx220 like you ride -- has he taken your bike for a spin to see if he likes it? You might start there.

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
ya i was gonna let him take my bike for a ride and see how he likes the power. I dont think he wants a heavy bike because he wants to be able to ride through the woods but i imagine most of his riding will be on farm fields.

Top Bottom