Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
There is no way this wouldn't be all over the networks. I listened to the link, no such statement.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Keep listening Okie. They've reported it twice. In short they said he is being held under house arrest w/ several other key members by Afghani (Taliban) authorities.

Just heard it again ...3rd time. Pls confirm.

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Okie, Ihave just heard that he may be under house arrest in Afgahnatan, But they have not confirmed This, From the above link

Jim
Update, this was being reported by an afgahn internet news agency, no confirmations,

:think

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
BOGUS

If that were true, everyone would know it by now..... I've heard so many inaccurate stories throughout the past two days I won't believe it until I see it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Under house arrest by the country that supports your activities and has named you as director of the military? Must be tough.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
They're just trying to delay any possible missle attacks, IMO. I'm sure they have all the angles figured well. Appeal to US sense of justice and legal process, etc.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I just heard that the afgan govt. is in hiding and preparing for attack.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
He has "always" been under house arrest and not allowed to participate in terrorist activities.

Ya, he can't directly participate because he can only die once. He just gets other idiots to do his dirty work for him.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
radio just aired that "lodon times quotes that Bin Laden under house arrest from the Taliban govt in Afghanistan, and that they received the info from Pakistan".... take it as you want it...

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
In my opinion, ANY statement concerning this tragedy that is coming out of Afghanistan is a BOLD FACED LIE!

Doesn't it seem strange to anyone that moments after this attack occured, the Taliban immediately started saying "It wasn't us, it wasn't us!". From my recollection, they denied it even before anyone accused them. People around here are saying "Well, maybe it isn't Bin Laden, the Taliban SAYS he's under house arrest and can't communicate to anyone." Get real people, wake up and smell the coffee! Are they REALLY going to admit that Bin Laden is behind this, and shortly thereafter feel the entire wrath of the US Armed Forces? They have EVERYTHING to gain by trying to distance themselves from this horrific cowardly act. Even when the US is 99% sure that Bin Laden is behind this, the Taliban will NEVER, EVER admit that it knew anything about it.

"Vengeance is Mine", says the Lord.
To me, the United States of America will be a tool that God will use to bring His wrath upon all terrorists and 'the countries that harbour them'.

God Bless America!

Dave

Canada's thoughts and prayers are with all of you today. I would ask ALL DRN'ers to stand with Canada in a moment of silence at 10:00 AM, MDT.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I figure the Afghans must be scared *less. Even if Binny didn't directly have anything to do with this one, they know full well someone has just broken the camel's back. And they know that a military action from us won't be like the mild one they endured from the Soviet Union. I'm just surprised that, knowing firsthand after the prison-rape we busted on Saddam, they're still not cooperating. If you ask me, that was gentle. This time, we're leaving the vaseline at home. And to think, that was in defense of another country, not even our own (more or less).

Any middle-eastern country/state that has had anything to do with terrorism in the past should be shaking. I think they just opened season on all terrorists, and for gosh sake, who is going to condemn us if we wipe out the others as well.

Confucius say, "I just stepped in some Shi'ite".

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Should be quite a show.... they really have no idea what they've done.

I think one of the big issues is obvious... if you are gonna do it, go big. We'll need to eliminate their capacity to go after friendlies in the region, Europe and others than can be reached by their limited capabilities, obviously, Sadam will try to destroy morale by making our friends pay. And, the thought during the last conflict of a nuke hidden in the desert is something to be concerned about, seems to me their nuke capabiility is only limited by the lack of a delivery vehical.

It could be days or weeks coming, but with the full support (if nothing more than words) of the civilized world, it's going to make the Gulf War look like a tea party.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by zio
I think they just opened season on all terrorists, and for gosh sake, who is going to condemn us if we wipe out the others as well.
One thing nobody seems to be mentioning is that these people that did this were not alone in this country. These organizations have been infiltrating our country for many years, and quite possibly have numerous operational cells here that simply are waiting for the oportunity to perform some act of violence. Everyone is looking across the ocean at the Middle East, but there is a real possibility that there are still a lot of members of these organizations here in this country, and that we have not seen the last of their heinous acts.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
it's going to make the Gulf War look like a tea party.
I agree 100% with this. I doubt the world has ever seen wraith like that which will be unleashed on these people. The line has been drawn in the sand. Either get on our side or be prepared to die. I have never seen the country and WORLD unite like this.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Also, even if it wasn't bin laden ( but it probably was, even if it was indirectly) he still did plenty of other things to warrant going after him. I hope the us kicks some @$$ and good luck getting ny cleaned up

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Obviously a very loose definition of "house arrest". Apologies - just posting what was reported. Thanks for not flaming.

So many many good insights are coming out ... I wish it was as straightforward as going to war in a traditional military sense, but there is no escaping politics, and I'm afraid this will become ten times stickier than Vietnam.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
How can the Taliban hold anyone under arrest when their coward asses are in hiding themselves?

89vett

Aug 6, 2000
I doubt very seriously that he is under house arrest.Most of the people in
or around him support what he did.That coward Bill Clinton could have had
him killed a million times over when he was President,but he did'nt.Our
agencies know where Laden is every second of every day.That I assure you.
Finding and killing him will not be hard when Bush decides to do so,and I hope
he will!
89vett

Top Bottom