cleopatrisha

Dec 16, 2006
I'll try and describe this the best I can. On my '81 yz250 I have a black plastic bottle container thing attached to the right side bottom of my gas tank and there is about a 9/16 inch dia. hose that goes from the bottle thing to the intake boot on the carb. I am wondering what is this for, and do I need it?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ah, the ol' Boost Bottle!

Yamaha had a special name for it, but for the life of me I can't remember what its called, and I'm pretty sure you need it.

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
YEIS,
Yamaha Energy Induction System
Need it?? Might as well leave it on, some quad owners still use the things. Supposed to increas low end torque I think.

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
i guess it was supposed to act as a reed spacer or somthin. mix up the air as it flows in and out.. do you need it? no.. just need to block off the hole. is it worth it? not that i felt. makes no difference IMO.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
I have never had one do anything but take up space and be one more place for a leak. Does any one know how they were supposed to help power?

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
many yamahas had em, from the ysr 50 to the ITs and they DO work. its just an intake resonance chamber. i put an aftermarket boost bottle from a banshee on my old RD350 and the differance was clear :cool:

EDIT:damn should have looked at that link first, speak of the devil

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom