lee42lee

May 16, 2005
I have a 2001 KDX 220 with the following mods.
FMF Gnarley woods pipe
Turbinecore 2 muffler
V Force2 reed valve
RB Designs Carb mod
RB Designs head mod

When the bike is cold it will run good at low RPMs but when it gets to the upper rpm range it feels bogged down real bad. After you ride the bike for about five mins it runs perfect. The bike has always done this even when it was stock but I thought after RB done the carb it wouldn't do it anymore but it does. Are all 220s like this or do I need to do something to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Lee

lee42lee

May 16, 2005
I do let the bike warm up before I ride. No matter how long I let the bike warm up it still takes a little ridding before it clears up.

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
lee42lee said:
When the bike is cold it will run good at low RPMs but when it gets to the upper rpm range it feels bogged down real bad.

You wrote the above... so which is it?

It takes my bike a good 10 minutes to warm up.

You may be running a little lean then.... bog usually means lean. Try increasing the pilot jet size by one and see if that doesn't clear it up then.....

Jan 16, 2005
seeing as I always ride the same place, I have the same routine. Start it up, let it sit for a few minutes running. We coast down a half mile hill from camp, hit a flat spot that's about a mile and a half long, through there I ride it slow and easy in third. From there I pick it up a bit and always hit the same short hill climb and clear it out some. By the time I get to the first long uphill, the bikes warmed up, and when I nail it she sounds like a chorus of finely tuned kazoos, and it pulls hard once on the pipe...yahooo! This to me is about a fifteen-twenty minute warm-up.
It took me some time to figure out how mine likes to run according to my set-up, but if I jump on and wind the piss out of that little motor any sooner, it has a limited and scratchy response.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
1. 'After you ride the bike for about five mins it runs perfect.'
2. '...it still takes a little ridding before it clears up.'

Neither of those statements likely has anything to do with 'bogging.' A bog can come and go with engine heat..but the 'clear up' part? What's that mean?

Do you know what 4-stroking is?

re: 'If you only...fix it' Ha! ;) ...yep!!

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Yeah, It sometimes takes numerous full throttle blasts through all six gears to get the bike to full running temp. for me. I've ridden for miles before my bike is really warmed up. Every two stroke I ever owned behaved like this :coocoo: . Now shut up and go riding!..............sorry, it's winter, I'm angry.........winter sucks!

Top Bottom