roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Anybody have any opinions on these? I know a lot of people like the Tech6 and some like the Vector. How about the M6? I've been comparing all three.

From an initial comfort standpoint, the Vector is by far superior. However, I'm not convinced that it's the boot for me. I'm still very interested in the Tech 6 and the M6. The M6 seems a lot like the old Tech 5. Am I wrong?

FYI...I've looked at other brands and I'm fairly certain I'm going with an Alpinestars boot.

Thanks.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Some like the Vector... I didn't. Not enough support.
Tech8 is too wide, too much support for me.
The Tech6 is my personal choice. Good combination of support and comfort. Love 'em.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I will back Okie on that as well. Hard to beat the Tech 6's.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Thanks. Any opinions on the M6? What about it? Is this effectively the same boot as the old Tech5? It seems like a pretty decent boot, just not quite as stiff as the Tech 6/Tech 8.

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Don't know about the Tech 5, but I bought a pair of Vectors and just couldn't get used to the thick/wide sole, although they were very comfy. Took them to A* and they gave me a new pair of M-6s with the enduro (waffle) sole. For trail riding, I really like em. Less plastic, more leather and comfy.

Tried on Tech 6s, but for my riding, I thought they were too stiff, although I'm sure they offer more protection/support.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Ok...one more thing entered into the fray that has confused me a bit more...what about the MSR System 6? From my research, I've gathered that this boot is manufactured by Alpinestars and is designed much in the same fashion as the Tech 6 and M6. I've heard it's almost like a hybrid of the M6 and Tech 6. Is this true? Anybody care to opine on the MSR version?

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Thanks. I had tried them both on and was fairly comfortable in both, although I noticed that the M6 was a bit more comfortable (probably due to the fact that it's composed of more leather and has less plastic).

Anyhow, I went back to Bob's this past Friday night to try them on again. I decided to go with the Tech 6.

I rode really hard with them on Saturday. No discomfort issues. They were totally comfortable right out of the box. The support was great and they really gripped the pegs well. One thing I'll have to get used to is shifting with them. I noticed it was difficult to get my foot under the shifter at first and found myself missing second and hitting neutral a lot at first. However, I got used to it over time. Plus, I think this could be alleviated a bit by raising the shifter a notch or two.

I think I'm going to be glad I bought this boot. Thanks for the info.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Oh...one last thing (and then I'll stop beating my dead horse!)...the boot that I was replacing...the infamous BIEFFE TB-1!! Anything would have been a step up from that boot (as it was little more than a soft leather workboot!).

However, I think I'll be glad I bought the Tech 6, as I don't think I'll feel like I settled on something substandard.

KamikaziRida

Dec 30, 2001
I have a brand new pair of M6's and I love them to death, very comfortable.But they are the only boots I have ever warn so I coulden't compair...

But they have the flexible stuff arround the ankel and it makes mine realy easy to shift

Last edited:

Top Bottom