Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
Anyone else have a sick feeling?

Will it be a stock bore this time? Hope all goes well, sounds like they are at least good to deal with.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
At a minimum you should be demanding:

New Crank
New Bearings
New Seals
New Rod
New Cylinder
New Head
New Piston
New Pin
New everything else required to rebuild the power section of the engine right down to the nuts, bolts (I'm sure they stretched), studs and washers.

Man, it just makes me crazy when I hear about a shop that screws-up to this degree. Make sure you get the word out to your friends about this shop. They really suck.

Do not accept ANYTHING but your total satisfaction!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
skipro: Kwitchur backin' up!

The two items can be independently true. As you say, what was true 'then' isn't necessarily so 'now'.

I just wanted to make the point that honing is not necessarily a bad thing.

kdx17:
Aw c'mon. They just made a 'mistake' is all. Isn't that what started this whole debacle? Can't we all get along?? :(

Bah humbug!!!

This certainly is no time to be nice, friendly, understanding or even-tempered. Anyone with a paramecium for a brain knows that you MUST machine the head with an overbore. You got screwed SO bad, they certainly are in line for a major reaming!

And I wouldn't let them be 'fixing' it either! They would be buying me a brand new engine FROM kawasaki (and I'd put it in myself) or they would be looking at a lawsuit.

What are you going to do....haul your bike back there so they can work some more of their 'magic' for 'ya? Well, guess you already did that.

And who's 'dave'? Did he do the work in the first place?

You're screwed to start with considering you got a sleeve that doesn't fit the engine. How are they going to 'fix' that? Put in some old beater kdx engine they have laying in the back 'parts' yard?

'Dave' needs to be firing someone. He needs to be doing some MAJOR groveling and making-good.

He'd be best off delivering a brand new '04 kdx of your choice to your door!!

What's the name of this place? I want to call 'em up!!

johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
For the benefit of all those living in Jacksonville, I think you should post the name of this "most reputed shop". Maybe they earned this title for the wrong reasons :-) ...

I don't believe in God, But this time' I'll make an exception, I'll pray for ya! Good luck.

KDX 17

Aug 1, 2003
Dave is a friend of the family that's been a mechanic and machinist for over 25 years. He has NO involvement with the shop, and he knows what he's talking about. The shop is replacing EVERYTHING, free of charge, and doing the labor free of charge. The company was recommended by everyone we've talked to...I'll let you know how things turn out.

The name of the shop is TACHYON racing.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I put a connection between dave and this so-called shop.

That was wrong.

Not that it matters...but did they by chance say this was just a 'mistake' too?

How on earth did they come up with ANY sort of excuse for this mess?

Is this it?

Tachyon Racing Head Service
5846 Philips Hwy
Jacksonville, FL 32216-5915
Phone: (904)367-0390

KDX 17

Aug 1, 2003
Yeah that's it...I wouldn't go CALLING THEM or anything (haha) until we get the work done, because they're taking care of us free of charge, but then again, I would adivse NOBODY in their right mind to EVER go there.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I didn't have in mind calling them, giving them hell.....just yet.

Let us know how it turns out.

What did they say about the mess, though? ...Besides, 'Please don't sue me,'?

Top Bottom