Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I expect some bounce but my bike feels like a pogo stick when I land. Ironicly, I experianced it more this past week while riding on softer dirt than I normally do. The suspension felt good everywhere but on landings, did'nt seem to be too stiff but seemed like the rebound was too fast. To summarize my landings, (I noticed it more on smaller jumps) the wheels would hit the ground then bounce a foot or two back in the air causing loss of traction however I didn't notice it quite so bad on jumps that I got more air on.

flyer1171

Sponsoring Member
Mar 4, 2001
Slow your rebound down by turning the clicker screw in, try 2 clicks at a time, no more.If its just your forks,do just your forks,and vice versa with the shock. If this doesnt help, you may have too stiff of springs, or you need to rebuild/change oil in your shock o r forks.:)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I have this happen to me sometimes. It gets so bad that one time I actually managed to get almost a foot off the ground from the pogo-effect, when I only got a little over a foot off the actual jump.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
If one end of the bike bounces more than the other, you have a problem. Check you rebound, and try to match up both ends. A little bounce is pretty normal when landing from big air jumps, but hopefully one end isnt boinging more.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by super rat
are you landing on the gas? if not try landing with the throtle pined:D

That might be it, I'll give it a try. I'm usually on the gas but I know I'm almost never pinned when I land. As soon as the wind dies down I'll give it a try, I hate flying in hi wind:eek:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Waco Eagles, Village Creek & where ever else I can find. I play in a band so I don't get a chance to make many races.

Top Bottom