tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
for the past few rides my front brake on my TT 350 felt a little spongy and required a touch more effort to stop. I figured that i cannot remember when the fluid was changed if ever so i drained the system reconnected the line, filled the master cylnder and tried to bleed the system. THe problem is that the master cylnder doesn't seem to be building any pressure. Could the master cylnder piston be air locked? the brakes did work prior to draining. Could there be too much air in the line to build pressure? i read about back bleeding and thought that I would find a syringe tonight and give it a whirl.

Anyone else have any ideas???

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Did you drain the caliper too? Air in the caliper from where you pulled the line will deffinatly cause your problem. ;)

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Take off the caliper, Push the piston all the way out to accomodate lots of brake fluid. Install lines so bf doesn't leak out. Put caliper back on and make sure everything is hooked up. Pull lid off resevoir. Push caliper piston in to push out air/fluid. Go slow or it will shoot bf all over the place. If it goes as I have done in the past it will give you pressure to the master cylinder. Then you can bleed and be done. It's kind of a long process, but has worked for me in the past.

Top Bottom