fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
Ok my front brakes and back now both suck. I have hung them both on the wall for a few days, bled them normally and have back bled tehm, i've even pushed the piston back into the master cyl. to get air out and tehy are still the same. Front brakes are mushy and back ones don't work at all. Also on the back caliper i pushed the piston in and tryed to get it back out by pushing on the pedal and it didn't move. What should i do?

Last edited:

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
you have several options. first yamaha sells a master cylinder seal kit that should increase performance of your breaks. a stuck piston can often be driven out by useing compresed air through the bleeder. I would also repack the calipers with new seals and check the pistons for corrosion. if compressed air dosnt move the piston hook your caliper up to a friends bike and let them drive it out with their master cylinder. if that dosnt work a hand hydraulic pump could be adapted to drive the piston out. reguardless of which meathod you use dont get crazy with the pressure keep it below 150psi

hope this helps

D

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
I took the seals out but they don't look that bad and when i push in the pedal, lots of fluid with pressure comes out of the hose. So what now?

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
what now.... buy a service manuel! I must be honest, I dont always buy a manuel for all the bikes I get but I remember buying my first manuel. It taught me TONS! After that you will know generally how things work/operate. :ride:

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
I put the new master cylinder kit in and tried bleeding my brakes for like half an hour and there is still no pressure at the pedal. What now?

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
What do you mean 'tried' bleeding your brakes? Did you bleed your brakes? or did you fail to bleed your brakes? Because if you failed to bleed the brakes, there could still be alot of air in the line.

I know it sounds stupid, but you are pushing the pedal multiple times to first build up pressure to move the piston, right?

snowskater101

Jul 18, 2007
it should only take a few minutes to get all the air out of the lines. when your pumpng your brakes to get the remaining air out, is air still coming out. if so i'd check the hose your using from your caliper to the bottle of fluid, make sure its on there really good, air could be getting in from between your bleeder and the hose your using.

once you think youve got all the air out and its all put back together, if its still not working, pump it a bit then look at your master cylinders and your piston seals to see if any fluid is leaking from anywhere

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
I did all of that and there are no leaks anywhere at all, like this sucks not riding without a back brake now. I keep bleeding and back bleeding but there is still nothing, the piston won't even come out of the cylinder. Any ideas now?

Last edited:

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
My best advise, your over your head. Find a friend, or a friend of a friend or someone who knows what there doing. Ask them if you can bring like bike over to look at it. Bring some beer and offer him some cash (20 bucks) and watch what he does. If he cant bleed the brake he will tell you what parts you need. (try ebay)

Top Bottom