pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I have a bent rear brake rotor on my new toy. I havent riden it since i bought it so i cant say how it affects the ride. However when i did test it when i bought it i didnt feel anything. But i can guess it will maybe make the bike vibrate when braking, maybe not since the brake itself is movable.

Well i've been thinking about if i could fix it or atleast make it better by squeezing it between two plat surfases and heat everything, possibly going through multiple heat and cooling cycles. What you think?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Pyro - most times it is only very slightly bent and you can straighten it with a large (wide jaw) adjustable wrench - I use a 15 inch long one. It will move pretty easily so be careful. I do it on the bike, takes about 10 min to get it very close.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Did my kids off the bike, took a little longer though but used some heat, laid it on a flat board and tapped it a bit. It worked fine, no problems.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Its more than slightly bent. Its maybe up to 1cm as most and its a little bent over everywhere. But i guiss its possible to bend it without too much problem. I'm taking a closer look tomorrow and see if i can bend it back where its as most offset.

But just squeezing it flat will that work or will it have to be bent negative. What i mean by that is that it have to be bent back a little bit more to then settle back a bit. Oh well i guiss i'll try.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
1 cm is nothing. A large crescent wrench will do the trick but like Kiwi says, take your time.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I looked into the rotor today i marked where it was bent as most. Took a rubber hammer and gave it a little hit and it were bent the other way so i only had to hit it very soft. A few more hits and it was very good. Took probably only 5 min, i though it would be much much harder steel.

Hope i get the piston soon and i should be out and riding same day.

Top Bottom