gringo1450

Nov 12, 2006
Good bye snowmobiles Hello DIRT !

I am planning on making it street legal

1. Brake light / plate holder from DRZ
2. Mirror /Horn
3. Switchs from Baja
4. Trying to convert OEM light too dual filament
5. DOT Tires ? do I need these ? to pass test ?
6. Hand signals

Does anybody know where to go to get the bike inspected in Lapeer Michigan ?

Attachments

• bike thanksgiving 2006 012.jpg
    bike thanksgiving 2006 012.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 214

BRP Rider

Sep 26, 2006
Nice bike. I have a 2001 xr650r, love it. Be sure to get it "uncorked" or you will be missing lots of performance, and it will overheat and be hard to start. I bought mine already titled for the street by the previous owner. I think all you need to do is have a friendly cop inspect and approve it, then take the form he will give you to the secretary of state. Call your local police department, they should be able to describe the process. My xr is technically not legal but the "friendly" cop passed it. I have never had a problem getting harrassed by the authorities.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You need a form from the Sec of state. Then once you have your bike up to snuff legaly that is call 911 and tell them that you need an officer sent out to do a veichle inspection and they will send one right out. Piece of cake.

I know it sounds strange calling 911 for this. I called the local police dept and they told me to call 911 as it was there dispatch for the officers. Its worked so far.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
BRP Rider said:
Call 911?????????????? That's a sure way to piss of your local cops.

I know I know...But Im tellin ya that is what they told me to do. I called the local police dept and they told me to call 911 to dispatch an officer to my house to do the inspection. I was sceptical too at 1st. But I have done it 3x now with no problems at all.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
I know I know...But Im tellin ya that is what they told me to do.

True story.......been there done that.

V-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 13, 2000
Same here. I wasn't comfortable calling 911 so I used the station #. They told me to call 911 and dispatch will send an officer.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
V-man said:
Same here. I wasn't comfortable calling 911 so I used the station #. They told me to call 911 and dispatch will send an officer.

Me too. Called the station and they had me call 911.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hmm....I didnt call 911 - I stopped at the neighbors and asked him if he wanted to stop down for a cold beer....worked great!

gringo1450

Nov 12, 2006
Re 911

I think I will call the station first but thanks to all !

I am going to try and get a 35/35 halogen into the stock light
I already have a 60/55 but I think it would be to much for the stock stator with a new led tail light and it might melt that plastic light housing.
any thoughts ? trying to save $

badgerman thanks for the link to the doc's

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom