joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I just got the cast off of my left arm and on my right arm i just had a splint but now my left wrist is really stiff, you guys know anything i can do to get full range of motion back more quickly. Thanks, I really want to get back to riding.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Go to physial therapy and they will help you with your stretching. It'll come back.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
joey - glad to hear you got your cast off already. (ok, it probably seems like forever to you) Follow your Physical Therapy, and push it, but not too hard. You don't want to reinjure yourself. It's all a matter of time before you are back to normal. :)

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
Yep, physical therapy always seems to work for me.
How long did you have to wear your cast(s)?
We changed insurance so I changed doc's and don't like my new one. My right wrist had fractures in both bones but no displacement and my doc is leaving the cast on for 6 wks. My old doc. would have had me in every 2-3 wks and at least changed out this stinking cast and taken X-rays to check progress. My bones have up to this point healed pretty quick and bet I was good on my right arm after 4 wks.
The left wrist has a pin sticking out and required several screws and a plate. The pin should come out next week when I get the right cast off.
Doc. won't even consider me coming in early.
Hell, I rode waverunners this last weekend and both felt pretty good. Left one still a little tender.
Even if you don't go to a physical therapist, your doctor should give you a therapy sheet with excercises targeted toward the wrists.
Casts on both arms does suck!!!!
Good Luck,
Scott

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I had my cast on for seven weeks and i took the splint off after six weeks my wrist feels alot better now. The accident was on memorial day weekend. I had the same cast on the whole time and it smelled pretty bad after they took it off, considering I accidently stuck it in creek water.

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
Joey26,
Just curious, is one of the first questions people ask you when they see casts on both arms "how do you clean your A** (rear side)?
Seems like most people are curious more about that than how or what happened.
Guess most people are sick like me!

I don't feel so bad now. Hopefully one of mine will come off next week. (6 wks total). I should get the pin out of the other and get a new cast for 1-2 more weeks.

You may ask the doc. for some wrist braces to wear when you start riding again. One of my riding buddies has broken both wrists and said the braces really helped until he got the strength back.

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
Came up short on a double, dislocated my left wrist which allowed my arm to get between the bars and clutch lever. My weight going forward snapped my arm. Right arm just fractured from the impact but stayed intact.
Chest planted on the bars and rode it out.
I run my clutch lever high so it may have made things worse. I'm thinking about running it a little lower from now on and maybe my arm won't want to get between there.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I have decided to wait until next year to start riding again and then I'm gonna get some good boots because a couple of days ago I was riding and sprained my foot. I think I am a little too hard on my body.

Top Bottom