whatAride

May 16, 2004
broke mine 8 weeks ago not riding, car accident and i have about 1/2 inch to 3/4 of an inch overlap with a bit of a gap between the two bones. Its been 8 weeks and I have good range off motion and will be starting streanght exercises this week. just wondering how long will it take to fully heal? Also the bone that is laying on top of the smaller bone is very visable, and the end of it is becoming a bump. Will this get smaller and how long will this process take?. My doc says collerbones remodles after it heals but he did not give me time table. I also wanna know if my shoulders will be even cus at the moment the injured shoulder is a bit lower then the other? I heard it all comes back in its right place after biulding the muscles in the shoulder. I'm 18 and hope this heels up great and my bone gets to 100% in the next few weeks. Thanks all in advance for respons, ride safe.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I am 50 and broke mine last July. It is still loose and overlapped but has very little effect on my sendentary lifestyle. Actually the only problrem I have is that with it staying separate like this every time i trip trying to walk it does hurt for a day or so.
At your age it should heal better and other then showing a bump shouldn't bother you at all.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
My daughter, 4, fell off the couch while reaching for a xmas ornament. She healed in two weeks, but her bone was not separated or apart. Plus kids heal quicker probably something to do with nightly milk.

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Sorry to hear of your injury. I broke mine and I still have the lump to this day, but my shoulders are totally even. It took approximately 10-12 weeks to fully heal.

Best wishes for a full recovery!

Whttrshyoda

Feb 23, 2004
I broke mine about 4 years ago (nasty endo) and I still have the bump. Its gotten smaller over time but it's still there. I have some slight range of motion issues but I'm not sure if its from the break itself or the surgery following to remove some bone from my shoulder.

whatAride

May 16, 2004
Broken Collerbone

What was the overlap on your collerbone? is it shorter now? mine is overlapping not sure how that will affect me. its been 10 weeks and the bone is still looking deformed but i'm hoping it will get better as it continues to heal. I have good range of motion, no problem doing every day activities or any sorness sleeping (still cant sleep on injured shoulder). I think i will give it a few more months before hard riding and jumps. I dont wanna risk reinjury or hurting myself elswhere because i'm worried about my shoulder. Did anyone have there injured shoulder lower then the other mine is still a bit lower but its improving as i continue to do PT. I just hope i get full strenght, ROM and minimal to no diformity at the end of this. Godd luck to everyone and just take it easy, dont try and be a tough guy

Whttrshyoda

Feb 23, 2004
I'm not sure how much of an overlap I have. Been awhile since I've seen the xray. My injured shoulder is slightly lower. Good luck on the recovery, hope every thing heals well.

Top Bottom