TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
hey guys, i just broke my left femour a couple weeks ago practicing at an ohv park. i was in a rythem section and cased the first one and somehow managed to turn my bars when i did it and hit the 2nd one flying off the track. I landed on a bunch of huge dirt boulders and laid at the track for half an hour (with help) and finally got to the hospital an hour later. dont worry im getting back on my bike a.s.a.p., might even start my first ride racing at des moines AX. but the reason for this forum is because im soooo bored. what do you guys do when your injured, i wanna go outside and wash my bike and look over to make sure its ok but cant get it out myself. just wanted to make this forum cuz of boredom. thanx guys :ride: haha new smilies :cool:

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
i feel for ya.

dude that sucks. i know how you feel. i broke my right femur in like 5 places on a get off on my street bike at about 80mph, ended up hitting a tree. just missed hitting it head first and dying instantly. :yikes: but anyways it sucks man, your in better spirits it sounds then i was. i couldnt do anything for about a month. just laid on the couch and popped pain pills all day. :laugh:

how did they fix it, cast, rod and screws ( thats what i had) hopefully in a couple of weeks youll be getting around better, and if you have a lady make her pitty you and come over and take care of you :laugh: oh and if you dont have one, invest in a xbox and get soem games and just relax and heal up. dont push things too quickly

and get well soon.

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
yea i just got a rod and 2 screws on each end. and i didnt mention they had to cut off my thor pants, jersey, and even my knee guards that cost $60 and also velcrow on! so im lookin for new gear. almost head first eh? were u wearing anything? helmet, leather, boots? etc. lol no i dont have a lady friend, wish i did but my bro does have an xbox, mostly mx unleashed and watchin my man ricky every other saturday or sunday or whenever the heck its on.

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
owwie...

hmmm, get your bike to someplace you can work on it (ask a friend?).... sounds like you will now have the time to do that maintenence you've been putting off (assuming you are like me)...

Don't sit around getting all saggy (physically and psychologically).... find something to do with the parts of your body that still work right (this will help in many many ways).... hope it all heals up well for you...

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
TrackMaster2 said:
yea i just got a rod and 2 screws on each end. and i didnt mention they had to cut off my thor pants, jersey, and even my knee guards that cost $60 and also velcrow on! so im lookin for new gear. almost head first eh? were u wearing anything? helmet, leather, boots? etc. lol no i dont have a lady friend, wish i did but my bro does have an xbox, mostly mx unleashed and watchin my man ricky every other saturday or sunday or whenever the heck its on.

had helmet on, leather jacket, just jeans and regular shoes. although i didnt get any roadrash on my lower body, just my shoulders :ohmy: yeah man i lucked out big time, damn tank slapper was the casue of the whole thing. basically just ended up with a concussion, and shattered femur, torn acl, and stiches in my eye :yikes: (branch came through my helmet visor and stopped after entering my eyelid) :yikes:

anyways heal up and its gonna be a long time before you can( or i should say) should ride again.

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
So sorry to hear of your broken leg. :( I too broke my leg in December of ’02 while out play riding in the dez. Not really much you can do the first couple days/weeks…..depending on the severity of the break. I did a LOT of reading during my downtime.

Best wishes to you for a full and speedy recovery!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You have it just as bad as my cousin. He had a rod and screws in his left leg...we warned him NOT to be doing the things Phil and I do. Just like the rest of the family, he doesn't listen. He has learned now. I was laid up back in Feb/March after knee surgery (sideswiped on my streetbike, car hit knee, bike and I did not go down). I had my mom or sister drive me to the gym so that I could at least keep doing my upper body stuff. The first couple of weeks though, I played a lot of PS2 and spent too much time online...I would have been happy laying in the sun outside. But this is Michigan, it's freakin cold in Feb/Mar.!!
Other than PS2 and the gym I watched a lot of TV. Found out there is ABSOLUTELY nothing on TV until like 4:30 when the Simpsons come on. I ended up watching old SX and Nats.
Oh yeah, now that my cousin can get around again, he's bought a riding lawn mower and has been mowing lawns. Making pretty good money doing that.
Good luck w/the healing!!

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
When I broke my tib/fib, I bought a set of rollers for my mountain bike. The doc wouldn't let me do any weight bearing for about 7 months, but I was allowed to ride a stationary bike. I rode the exercise bike as much as I could to maintain fitness. Since I knew I wouldn't ride for about a year, I sold my YZ 426 while I could still get top $. I spent the money on an old Ducati that I rebuilt to keep my spirits up.

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
TrackMaster2 said:
yea i just got a rod and 2 screws on each end. and i didnt mention they had to cut off my thor pants, jersey, and even my knee guards that cost $60 and also velcrow on!

Man, that stinks. I broke my ankle (broken and dislocated fibula) three months ago, my buddy got my boot off, but they cut my Thor pants too, I had only worn 'em maybe twice. I used to play guitar back in the day, so that's what I did, problem with that is though, is that now that I can pull the bikes out and work on 'em the new guitar just sits in the office collecting dust...I should be back to work in a couple weeks so that will make things better, but till then, not much...
God speed with the recovery, things will start getting busier for ya when you start physical therapy...

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
thanx for the advice everyone, you helped my being bored alittle bit, ive never recieved so many replies before in my own forum. im halfway done with phisical theropy and am doing great, im walking on it already, and i even washed my bike today, but its in pretty bad shape, broken front fender, really bent rear fender, scratched every piece of the plastic pretty bad, broken clutch lever, and its really really dirty and spoogy, my pipes even halfway off, the bracket broke off, but that wasnt from the crash. i should be up and riding again at the end of october just in time to race arenacross here in desmoines, hopefully.

teaz247

Jun 27, 2004
Hey Guy Sorry Bout The Luck. Though I Havent Broke Any Bones In Mx _yet!_ I Did Ride Bulls For About 13 Years So I Have Broke Plenty In My Time... The Only Thing I Can Tell You Is Enjoy The Time Being Lazy And Try To Look At The Bright Side Of Things. I Was Thankful Every Time That Is Was Just An Arm Or A Leg Except The Last Time When I Crushed The No. 1 Vertabre And Slipped A Couple O' Disks. I Was Down For Almost Three Years (still A Bright Side To Every Story) I'm Alive! And So Are You... Hey I'm Back In Motocross- Left The Bulls Alone Though. Dont Want To Ride Anything Any More W/o A Kill Switch. Just Thought My Story Might Cheer Ya Up. Good Luck!

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
teaz247 said:
... Except The Last Time When I Crushed The No. 1 Vertabre And Slipped A Couple O' Disks. I Was Down For Almost Three Years (still A Bright Side To Every Story) I'm Alive!

Oh man, I've done that, not that bad, just hairline fractures on the vertabre, but yea, that sucks!

teaz247 said:
...Dont Want To Ride Anything Any More W/o A Kill Switch.QUOTE]

:laugh: Yea, at least a bike won't come back on ya and trample ya to death...not more than once anyway...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
So you have plenty of time to get your bike back in shape for arenacross. This would be a good time to do the little things that don't get done regulary. You did say you are able to walk, some right? You could have the bike looking sweet for arenacross. You'll be able to completely detail it out. That will help for the time to fly.

Top Bottom