Brown mtn.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Hey guys sorry to post this again, but the search engine isn't working right for me again. :| I wanted to get the Phone # and some directions to the OHV trails at Brown Mtn. James has been very gracious and patient w/me on continuously posting the links for above stated questions. I tried searching NC state parks, but got nothing on Brown mtn. Thanks once again guys.(I'm gonna write down the directions this time :uh: )

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Bryan,

How's it going? When are you planning on heading up to Brown Mountain? I should be finished getting the YZ buttoned up tonight and hopefully traded in tommorrow! If that's the case I'll try to be riding somewhere. The link for Brown mtn is http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/brown_mountain_orv.pdf

Mark

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
MAMAMAMAMAMMMAAADDD MARK!!!! :laugh: I'm good. Hope you had a good vacation. I think we're gonna try to head out there the 12th or 13th of april. Also toying around w/the notion of riding behind Jim's house again. That was alot of fun(Just ask Jim about the look on his wife's face when I brought back her XR.........:eek: ) I've been trying to get up w/James to go there for a while now, and just haven't had the oppertunity. Wherever we end up if you have a bike by then you should come ride w/us. :thumb: Man we had a blast at Manchester and from what I hear TNT was fun as well. Anyway keep in touch, and If you want send me an email w/your phone# and we'll catch up here soon.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I have found a new Brown Mtn recruit through Mike T. I think he is available every other weekend.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I saw the 12th above but I don't remember us talking about the 26th in particular.....but if that is the weekend you are going, I am in so long as I am able....and I am able at this point. The 12th should work for me too.

If you wanna make it firm, I'll contact John and we'll plan on it. Doesn't have to be today, but let me know.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
We're looking to go riding at Ocechap's house on the 12th, unless something comes up James. I just remebered from one of the other Brown Mtn. posts we had you had said about getting another one of your friends and ya'll were gonna head out on the weekend of the 26th. If thats still on I'm pretty sure I'll at least be there, and possibly my fiance'. Are ya'll planning on camping?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
OK, looks like I am going to Top Gun on the 12th.

I still don't remember the 26th, but that sounds like a plan(as I don't intend to Race Shelby until the REAL Series starts). Is Ocechap in??

I would most likely head up that morning. When you are sure, post a thread and I am in. I will email John and see if that works for him.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Judging from what we learned today I'm in for Top Gun on the 12th :) I'll miss PVMX the following weekend but my favorite track is on schedule.

I may be interested in Brown Mt on the 26th though.

Ivan

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Yea sounds good James I'll post a thread on the 26th. ride as soon as I know for sure, I think we could get alot of the local guys in on that one as it sounds like alot of the guys I've talked to in this area are interested.
I may be interested in Brown Mt on the 26th though.
Sweet Ivan, I was bummed I missed meeting ya for the Spode ride.
I still don't remember the 26th, but that sounds like a plan(as I don't intend to Race Shelby until the REAL Series starts). Is Ocechap in??
..........I'm not sure, I had said something to him about doing Brown mtn. soon. Maybe, I'm gonna try to call him this evening and I'll ask him then. I'll talk to the fiance' this evening as well and make sure nothing is scheduled for that weekend and let everyone know tomarrow.

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
My son and I will be there the 23rd -26th or 27th...along with about 6-14 other guys. Maybe we'll see y'all there.

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
Call 828-652-2144 for info on Brown. Thats the rangers office in Nebo, NC.

Take I-40 west to exit 105. Turn right at the end of the ramp. Follow NC 181 through Morganton and out of town. Watch for Brown Mtn Beech Road and turn right on it. Go about 3 miles (don't hold me to that) and watch for the enterance on the left.

There is a NCHSA race that week-end, and the week-end before we are supposed to go to Alabama to visit family, so I don't see us being able to make it...dad blame it.

Y'all do a ride report, OK?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:think: Sorry we're gonna miss ya Bruce, thanks for the info, and yea one of us will do a ride report. I'm getting ready to do the ride thread now. :yeehaw:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Bruce do you know if there is a campground near by to Brown Mtn.? Ie:Showers,water,and electrical hook ups?

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Hey guys, we are on for my house for the 12th, anybody want to come let me know, we can work something out. Now is Shelby only MX? I'm out on the 26th, fishing a tournament that actually pays some money. So I might come up on that Sunday. Let's ride!

Jim

jns

Jan 20, 2003
Oh man,somebody has a riding area at their house?You lucky dog.I can just imagine getting home from work and going for a quick spin right outside the house!How do I get in on that deal?I'm over in Hendersonville about an hour and a half away and am a trail rider dabbling into moto.Thanks.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
JNS I'm not gonna speak souly on Jims behalf, but I believe he would'nt mind whoever is interested to come down. Its currently gonna be myself and my fiance, Jim and Lisa, possibly Mad Mark, and another Brian. There is a small MX track hiding way back in the woods that we found a couple weekends ago, its got some REAL big bowl turns that are a blast to rail. The trails are really nice and lots of fun. There are also a couple of real fun creek crossings, and hill climbs. I was also spoiled when I lived w/my parents. They live on 10acres. of land that had a small MX track as well as multiple trails. I definately miss it now.................:( I envy Jim as well. ;)

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Jns, no prob, come on down. I was in hendersonville yesterday as a matter of fact. You gotta have some cool stuff to ride around there. We can't get too many cars in the driveway but we can do some creative parking down the road we ride. Let me know who wants to ride and we'll get it done.

Jim

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…