Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
I was sitting 10 feet from Patman watching the same race... Reed gained SLIGHTLY on JBS with 2 laps to go, JBS had hit the cruise button. Had Reed not been trying to spot JBS at the end of the section he would've clipped Preston.

No wonder lawyers say eye-witnesses are bad witnesses.
10 feet away? Might be a little exaggeration there. Maybe 4' since Okie was switching between 1 and 2 seats away from me and I know my seat was't 5 feet wide :laugh: I guess it's all just a perspective thing.

So Okie yucked it up with Bubba after the race and was told by Bubba he went to cruise mode? Nope he was hangin' in the parking lot with me. Maybe Okie can read Bubba's mind? Can't say for sure. I can say for sure that Bubba's lead dropped pretty dramatically in the last half of the race, heck even the people behind us that sounded like they just fell off a turnip truck in front of the stadium on their way home from a NASCAR race thought Reed was catchin' up pretty quickly, I mean what more could you ask for? :laugh:

In the end Bubba got his first 250 win and that's cool. He's got a ways to go until he's one of the big dogs in my book though. Maybe at the end of 2006, I guess time will tell.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
10 feet away? Might be a little exaggeration there. Maybe 4' since Okie was switching between 1 and 2 seats away from me and I know my seat was't 5 feet wide I guess it's all just a perspective thing.
Come on pat, don't ruin it!!! I have (certain) people convinced that this:

|........| is six inches.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
told by Bubba he went to cruise mode
Nope, okie can read lap charts ansd see clearly that when reed turned a faster lap, Bubba turned one faster. When Reed turned a slower lap, Bubba turned a slower lap. It's all in black and white... he went as fast as he had to. THAT should scare the CRAP out of everyone in the 250 class.

It's all about the science of Moto you tree monkey.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Maybe I should adjust my TV reception because my set showed him something like 15 seconds ahead of RC and CR with just a few laps remaining in the race. Stewart rode flawlessly while RC and CR were falling.

At the finish of the race he was 5 seconds ahead of RC...Wether it was cruise control or he was tired his lead got wittled down to 5 seconds...Not taking anything away from Bubba, he was fast and smooth and won the race fair and square.

Oh, and RC did not fall at all in the main and rode pretty smooth and conservatively, nor did he battle with Reed...Reed made a mistake that let RC by then the next straight before the finish line RC slowed dramatically on the straight and just gave it to Reed..RC clearly did not want to do any battle with Reed that would possibly result in a takeout move.

Last edited:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
XRpredator said:
as much as it pains me, RC.
That must have hurt, you OK big guy? :) I too am looking forward to the best oudoor season ever, and I even hope that RC will pull a SX win or 2, but SX is such a confidence game ( we have watched it ebb and flow this year between RC and CR) and who's got the confidence now?

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Okiewan said:
But why is it, CR loses all he needs to early each year so RC can go into protect mode? The fact (seems to) remain, CR can't win a title with RC in it.
I think RC is in Chad's head a little bit, kinda like why Texas can't beat OU :rotfl:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
There is no "next guy" in the visable pipeline yet as far as I can see. Milsaps is fast, so is Alessi, but neither is the next McGrath/Ricky/Bubba.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
YZ165 said:
There is no "next guy" in the visable pipeline yet as far as I can see. Milsaps is fast, so is Alessi, but neither is the next McGrath/Ricky/Bubba.

I'm gonna start calling you rubber man, cause that's one big stretch. Bubba has 2 125 titles and 1 250 win.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom