Budds Creek Spoiler

CajunKid

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2005

I don't think the discussion was that Bubba could never beat RC, more that RC should enjoy his success b4 Bubba moves up b/c Bubba is going to wipe his :moon: for him. Everyone who dislikes RC is so anxious to see someone else wear the :boss: that they had Bubba beating him b4 they ever raced. I think RC showed once again that to be the man you have to beat the man. It will come just not as fast as everyone thinks.Bubba has yet to prove he is the man (mentally or physically) that RC and Reed are. :nener:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if rc retired today bubba still wouldnt be th man what makes anyone think he would be beating reeed or improving more or faster than reed so when rc hands it over it would automatically be bubba :coocoo:
langston may scoot up to the 250s also and beat the little quitter with a broken bone :pissed:

pace

Nov 21, 2003
ellandoh said:
pace can you give me some specs on your jetting for the desert ?????? also premix
im on an 03 cr fmf fatty vforce3 generally use spectro 40:1
michigan 85 deg 700 ft avg

Will PM you. This is probably not the place..

pace

Nov 21, 2003
CajunKid said:
I think RC showed once again that to be the man you have to beat the man. It will come just not as fast as everyone thinks.Bubba has yet to prove he is the man (mentally or physically) that RC and Reed are. :nener:

Absolutely no question in my mind that RC is THE man. Of all time. I said before the season started - when folks were speculating on his lack of speed at the end of the SX season - that he was hustling Reed and Stewart and would blow their doors off come the outdoors. The extent of his dominance over Reed, Stewart, and Windham definitely has me surprised though.

Chad has a long ways to go before he can be compared in the same breath as Carmichael, and he's been generally disappointing so far this season. Bubba has demonstrated to me at least that he has the measure of CR, even if he is currently behind on points.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Bubba has demonstrated to me at least that he has the measure of CR, even if he is currently behind on points.

Not sure what racing you have been watching? this weekend(bubbas best) he beat chad by 0.5seconds or less in the 1st race, in the 2nd chad beat him by 17?Tell you what would be funny, chad to slow down and let bubba past-then pass him and pull away-i bet that would finish bubba mentally..........

All we heard was bubba was going to beat everyone so bad-i accepted he might win a few or even alot but not win the championship, well he doesnt seem to be able to do even that-he doesnt have the speed i expected.This year will be a learning year for bubba, he needs to learn what makes RC tick and playing little kids games in practice doesnt seem to be working-i only see RC going faster with those kind of games.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Marcus,

I liked RC's response in his racerxill.com interveiw when asked about Bubba's games in practice RC said, "I'm a grown man..." I think he was saying that he's not into that childish crap and clearly Bubba is still a spoiled little kid. Bubba would get more respect if he was working his tail off and saying that "I'm working my tail off, but I'm not quite there yet."

pace

Nov 21, 2003
marcusgunby said:
Not sure what racing you have been watching? this weekend(bubbas best) he beat chad by 0.5seconds or less in the 1st race, in the 2nd chad beat him by 17?

How do you figure that was Bubba's best? At Mt. Morris Bubba pulled a solid 2-2 and he and Ricky were lapping some 7 or 8 seconds a lap faster than your boy Reed. In terms of quickest laptimes, Bubba has also been closer to Ricky in rounds 1 and 4 than Chad has.

Chad has the consistency, no doubt, but I just don't see him bridging the speed differential between himself and Ricky this outdoors. That's been more disappointing for me this season than Bubba's performance - maybe because I had more realistic expectations of what would be achievable against one of the greatest riders of all time in the kid's rookie season. Chad doesn't have that excuse.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Timr said:
Bubba would get more respect if he was working his tail off and saying that "I'm working my tail off, but I'm not quite there yet."

I think you hit the nail on the head as far as Bubba's attitude goes. He would really move up in my book if those words came out of his mouth.

Remember "The Great Outdoors I"? In an interview, Reed said, "Yeah, I'm here... but I'm far from making it." That was 3 years ago, but look at him today. He's a supercross champion, and he's the first guy to beat RC outdoors in almost two seasons. Reed has gained a lot of respect from me. He gives credit where credit's due (RC), but he NEVER quits. Even after two bad races at the beginning of the year, he still charges and becomes the benefactor of an RC get-off. Hat's off to Reedy.

Ryan

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999

Agreed! Reed has gained fans through his demenor and work ethic. The guy is a true competitor and you know what, he has gained RC's respect. And getting respect from your peers, especially when they are multi-time champions is an accomplishment in itself.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Pace i guess you can be impressed by bubba, but of the few rides where he beat chad he lost way more points pulling off in the other races, i just see a spoilt whiner-he doesnt win and he quits, i prefered it when he crashed out trying.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Look how that turned out for Pastrana.

I think he has made smart decisions.. Not riding before an injury has had time to heal, sitting out races due to a concussion, etc. If he had heat exhaustion or whatever the cause was for him to feel dizzy/light-headed, I applaud him for exiting the track rather than risking his health/career out there on the track.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…