whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Believe it or not, there was a pro race this weekend! The USGP finally returned to the states, and hardly anyone showed up, even the crowd. The AMA and the FIM need to go sit in the corner for real. Or, maybe they have figured that out already. I did run across a rumor the 2011 season will be better organized! We shall see. Ben Townley and Mile Alessi showed up. Their first moto miss hap put BT out of the hunt, Cairoli took the win with MA in second. Both on the 350! Got to give it up for KTM, nice homework. The second moto was all BT, a 22 second lead for a while. MA was doing some uncharacteristic riding for even him, but salvaged a 4th. The overall went to Cairoli with MA getting second! In the MX2 class Zach Osborne got hs first podium of the season, and the second overall nailed him the Marty Moates award. I seen no national riders that showed up, Tickle backed out at the last minute. Very sad indeed. The vet race saw Doug Dubach tear it up, man was he hauling! The Youthstream video feeds was darn near as good as the tv, throw in the announcing, recaps, and onboard camera views, it was better than the tv IMO! MX Sports should wake up, they can not even get the transponder feeds out very well! Vintage Bob. http://www.motocrossmx1.com/

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Maybe they should have tried advertising it. :coocoo:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I did run across a lot of issues between the FIM, AMA, and the owners of Budds Creek and Glen Helen. Also, there is mention who ever runs the Lakewood facility was instrumental in getting this race ran at all! I was not there, so who knows? Malcolm Smith and a lot of other big names was sure out there! Now I am curious when the decision was made? We do know about the MXDN at LAKEWOOD this year? The videos are up on the Youthstream link above. Very good ones at that! Vintage Bob

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
I read the MXA Magazine news every day and was surprised that the US Magazines take care of the GP races. after seeing the crowd (actually seeing no crowd) I was surprised again that both the spectators and the US riders had almost no interest in that event.
even a new track was built in glen helen, the teams spent a lot of money to go to the US, for what? sad...

at least we were able to watch the races on the internet....

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Great track and racing, shame about the low turnout.

Top Bottom