zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
nephron said:
Although the track was changed somewhat this year, I just looked up the lap times at Budd's last year. Stewart went 2:29 and 2:26 and beat 2nd place by over a minute in both motos (Tedesco in the 2nd moto). Anyone who thinks he's riding to the best of his abilities right now is nuts. You would have to factor in a 10 second increase in difficulty (of the track) to account for this difference in speed.

Captain Obvious--isn't there still a pre-production exemption?
I dont know if this matters in comparing lap times from this year to last year, but the track is run in the opposite direction every year to year.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
Maybe he would have better results if he tried riding really hard in all the sections ;)

:laugh: :nod:

Vic said:
Contrary to what I previously thought before seeing each of them ride in person, RC WILL have something for Bubba. Next years nats should provide some epic battles.

Bubba may improve once he comes to the realization that he is not God. :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Vic said:
Bubba may improve once he comes to the realization that he is not God. :nod:
You better let Nephron in on that little tidbit of info too . . . :nener:

just kiddin' man! gotta poke when I get the chance ;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Keep that trap shut, Paul Bunyan. Bubba's still ahead of Dowdy. :moon: ;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not sure the AMA rules would allow that. The KXF450 is not a 2005 production model.

Well, based on the RacerX article, Stewart will be on the 450 in 1 or 2 weeks. Anybody wonder what the effect of testing a 450 all week (caught in the act @ Thunder Valley 2 weeks ago) has on results? Just a thought. Crow-don-bleu goes well with a nice Pinot Grigio or a good Bordeaux white table wine. ;)

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
James is losing respect in my book. He's really going to have to earn it back if he gets that 450F to back up that interview. I'd still like to hear a straight answer on the pull-off at Southwick, even if its "I was really lightheaded and felt like I was going to blackout, but the doctors didn't find anything"...the answer "whatever, read the internet and believe what you want" is less than fans deserve.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I can't see the logic behind making the switch to the 4-stroke midseason. They don't have anything to gain.. If he wins, it makes the KX250 look bad. If he still can't win on it, it makes the new thumper look bad. Either way they are wasting their one-time exemption rule since he is out of the championship hunt. I'd rather see him finish the season out on the 250 and keep chipping away at the stone trying to steal a moto win from the big 4-strokes.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
nephron said:
Anybody wonder what the effect of testing a 450 all week (caught in the act @ Thunder Valley 2 weeks ago) has on results? Just a thought.

Ask RC.

I believe that is why he was not challenging for the wins in the later rounds of the SX season. He had the championship in the bag so he honed his skills on the RMZ for the outdoor season and the different riding style prevented him from being able to hang it out as far on the edge in SX on the 2-stroke.

Ivan

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
bclapham said:
so at what point does Okie get served his big slice of humble pie? :nod:

Bubba was on that two stroke. Time for you to cut a big slice of DRN FearFactor mealy worm humble pie. :nod: :nod:

Last edited:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Camstyn said:
I can't see the logic behind making the switch to the 4-stroke midseason. They don't have anything to gain.. If he wins, it makes the KX250 look bad. If he still can't win on it, it makes the new thumper look bad. Either way they are wasting their one-time exemption rule since he is out of the championship hunt. I'd rather see him finish the season out on the 250 and keep chipping away at the stone trying to steal a moto win from the big 4-strokes.

Good point.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I think John 3:16's reasoning is right on, but I don't think Kawasaki has much choice. Kawasaki is dealing with a frantic rider who is demanding the thumper, which he thinks will salvage his pride. (I know, I know; psychology on parade. This is just how I see it. Who really knows?) I think that Kawasaki believes they have to give him the four stroke or lose him.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
JMD said:
I think John 3:16's reasoning is right on, but I don't think Kawasaki has much choice. Kawasaki is dealing with a frantic rider who is demanding the thumper, which he thinks will salvage his pride. (I know, I know; psychology on parade. This is just how I see it. Who really knows?) I think that Kawasaki believes they have to give him the four stroke or lose him.

talk about the tail wagging the dog

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Looks like Bubba should've taken the Honda deal. :p

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Should have taken the Honda deal? But that was back when Bubba was going to beat everybody easily; they weren't even going to give him a good race. Now it's, "Give me the damn thumper, man! I need it! I reaaaalllllly need it!"

mmr11

Feb 14, 2005
Camstyn said:

I agree also. But I just can hear Bubba now” you know everyone was on 450's". He will probably sneak a moto win out when RC has the season wrapped up and doesn't want to take any risks.

Also something I find interesting.. Many Magazines tested Bubba's KX250 and raved about all the power it has and stated that it could hold its own against the 450's. Why all of a sudden this is Bubba's "excuse"? :ahhh:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Brucey might be able to answer the question as to why the KXF450 isn't here yet. After all, his buddy Tanel Leok, who apparently whipped Stewart's ass before, is running 11th on it in MX1. ;) He's been on it a while, as well. Makes me wonder if the bike just doesn't suck , since all Stewart can say about it is it needs work. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in a green trailer right now...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Seems funny how RC had a perfect season on a bike(cr250) that IMO was underpowered compared to bubbas.Bubbas bike is fast and he rides it fast enough to win for about 6 laps-then seems to get frustrated.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
marcusgunby said:
Seems funny how RC had a perfect season on a bike(cr250) that IMO was underpowered compared to bubbas.Bubbas bike is fast and he rides it fast enough to win for about 6 laps-then seems to get frustrated.

It's true that RC beat Windham straight up in 2003, two-stroke versus four. However, if we're drawing the analogy to 2005 with Bubba being on the two versus RC on the four... well, I think we all realize that Carmichael is a tougher competitor for Bubba than Windham was for RC.

Look.. it obviously comes down to Bubba not yet having the endurance or confidence to run the necessary pace for an entire 250 moto. The 450 might beat up on him a little less, but I still don't think it would give him what he needs. However, James has always rised to the challenge in the past and I can't imagine why anyone would think he's 'finished' simply because he's having fitness and consistency problems at the beginning of his rookie 250 season. I know you haven't stated that last, Marcus but it's been implied in this thread and it's absolutely ludicrous. Barring a premature career-ending injury, the question is not if Bubba will assume the torch from RC, but when. :cool:

Oh, and my 'underpowered' '03 CR repeatedly romped on a CR500 in the desert this past weekend. I would think the factory team had the same modifications and expertise available to them.. Or else somebody give them Eric's number!! And yeah, it's quicker than my buddy's 2005 KX also. So my point is just that while the stock '03 powerband may leave a lot to be desired, I seriously doubt that Ricky was at a significant power disadvantage to the other smokers. I just don't buy that.

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
pace said:
Oh, and my 'underpowered' '03 CR repeatedly romped on a CR500 in the desert this past weekend. I would think the factory team had the same modifications and expertise available to them..

pace can you give me some specs on your jetting for the desert ?????? also premix
im on an 03 cr fmf fatty vforce3 generally use spectro 40:1
michigan 85 deg 700 ft avg

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Put your money where your mouth is. I'm waiting. Just make sure it's a good source, and not your brother, Jody. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom