steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Just got back from watchin 2 sessions of pro practice at budds. And of course RC was on the gas, and if I heard right he had the fastest lap of the day by 2 seconds?

Unless the win is handed to him, bubbs ain't winning tomorrow. Even if he has no physical problems. It was so clear after watchin him mix it up, that his bike is way underpowered compared to RC's, Reed's and KW's 450's. There are 2 long uphills that he easily gets pulled every lap. Bubbs and Reed went at it for 2 laps and Reeds bike was all over that 250 2 smoke, any magic Bubbs could do(corners/scrubs), was all made up in power and acceleration from Reeds 450. RC's RMZ runs just like his CRF 450 from last year, its smokin fast!

These practice sessions were mixed and the PC KXF 250's are sooo fast that one time Burners(KX 250) and Langstons(250F) were dead even in a drag race on the long uphill. Very impressive! No wonder no pro rides a 125 anymore, well except Metcafe.

bottom line I got from these practice sessions??.......No pro level rider should be on a 250 2 smoke outdoors and especially against a rider like RC.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The weather is perfect, so expect a huge crowd!. The track has been updated with sand and sawdust, some sections are very deep loam:)

The section behind the old start has been changed into doubles, then after that, a long uphill with a big mid hill to top uphill double. The 250f's that attempt it, case it most of the time.

The seeded riders bikes are quieter than last year. :cool: The unseeded ones are way loud.

The KTM's of Alessi and Ramsey seem to lack top end pull. Jason Lawrence was looking real fast. Also the 250f's weren't all popping on top end like last year, I guess they have all upped their rev limiter settings.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Bet Bubba is on a 450 next year. If its legal maybe this year.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
from another thread said:
IMO, when Bubba was racing the 125s he could run a lap or three at the same pace RC was running on the 450. Bubba would quickly gap the 125 field, slow down 5+ seconds a lap, and cruise to the finish.

People would say, "Bubba on the 125 just lapped as fast as RC! RC is in big trouble next year". Except RC would do 30+ laps that speed during the day, and Bubba would do 3. Big difference.

bubbles should exempt his 250 for the good old 125 :laugh:
problem solved if he can get his legs under himself..............when he starts cleaning house i wonder if the 2smoke will get any credit????? :think:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
steve125 said:
The KTM's of Alessi and Ramsey seem to lack top end pull. .
Which Allessi?? I had read that Jeff was gonna drop down too the 125/250f class and Mike may be out for the weekend..

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
so next season there wont be a 2 stroke left outdoors. Them harley riding idiots at the AMA have now made the ourdoor nationals sounds like a bunch of harleys!

Thanks AMA. :bang:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
It's the new fuel regulations, a 2-stroke can't be competitive anymore with unleaded gas. Sad but true. The FIM/AMA has created an unfair advantage for the 4-strokes. Before the new gas rules in the pro class the 2-strokes at least had a fighting chance.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Kawasaki should put Bubba on a Rohrich built KXF 262.

:cool:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Either that, or just let him blend some good unleaded for the 2.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom