R E A L

Aug 30, 2004
I have been looking around to buy a new KDX, either a KDX200 or the KDX220.I am 14 years old, 5'11" and I weigh 130lbs. I am planning on doing a lot of offroading or trail riding, and I might jump any jumps that are on the trail. Do those bikes have electric and kickstarts or just kickstarts? What bike would be best for me for the value? Any additional info on these bikes is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
Jeff,

I just bought a new 220 a few months ago, and I like it. If I was doing it over though, I'd buy a used one. I could have gotten one a few years old in great shape with all the accesories I've added to mine for a little over half price. I'm 46, and I ride real rocky, tight and steep stuff, usually 3rd gear or less, so I got the 220. High torque and good throttle response are most important to me. You might like more open terrain, plus being younger, speed might be what you need too. In that case I would say look at the 200, it revs out more than the 220.

Good luck,
Mike.

Jason02R

Jul 6, 2004
KDX's only have kickstarts, but that is all that they need they always start super easy. My nephew 7Yrs old can start my bike. You would love a KDX it would be practicly ghost ridding with only 130lbs on it. They are light and can be ridden like a 125. My brother is 5'11" and he has no problems ridding my bike but you can adjust the suspension for your ridding style. As you get older and heavier the bike is able to grow with you.

KDXKen

Dec 14, 2002
This is KDXKEN Junior i ride an 01 kdx 220 im 16 and about 6'1" and about 180 and it fits me peftect but ive been riding for awhile so depending on your level of experience this bike will be perfect for you.

R E A L

Aug 30, 2004
ok cool ya, I think I will be looking for a KDX200 because a lot of the desert around my house is open and you are able to go fast on. But Does the 200 have good low end also? Cuz I dont want to get stuck somewhere cuz I cant get over somthing.

R E A L

Aug 30, 2004
HOLY CRAP! if thats true then I am gonna end up killing myself on it! My atv goes 43 and I thought that was fast. heheheheheh

R E A L

Aug 30, 2004
Do you guys think that with a KDX200, I would have to get it lowered a bit until I get a little taller? By the way I am about 5'11".

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
im 5'9 14 years old 135 and i fit my 200 like a glove i wouldnt bother with lowering it. waste of money i like big bikes though hey its your bike...
chris

Top Bottom