meb5276

Sep 21, 2007
Im looking to buy a pit bike to race loacaly with some friends. My friend bought a new klx 110 for around 2200 but in order for him to make it compete he is going to have to replace every part on the bike (bigger engine, 4 speed tranny, frame, suspension, oil cooler, etc) and that is going to cost him atleast another 2000. I dont want to spent that much if i dont have to. Im looking to stay under 2k for now but i want something that already has the bigger engine and a few ungraded parts. Im looking into china made knock offs but i hear if you dont get the right one there bad. Im looking at this 2008 hellboy by killermotorsports (it wont let me insert links but check it out at their website, killermotorsports and go to pit bikes, hellboy) does anyone know if this would be a good bike or not? and are these parts compatible with a crf,klx, etc? If you have any suggestions on what i should get please let me know. Thanks, Matt

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Parts ARE NOT going to be 100% compatible with CRF/KLX or any other China bike for that matter unless you know who the manufacturer of the engine is. If looks like a nice bike but there for the buck so I have to ask myself whith all the eye candy where did they save to be price competative? Honestly a 10hp engine is not far fetched for most current China manufactured engines of any quality and bigger cube version are availabe for even more power. Overall it doesn't seem like a bad deal but I have zero background info to backup if it is or isn't a quality piece. The truth will be when something breaks and you need parts.

BTW where are you located? Often the shipping charges are blown up to make up for low per unit profit.

meb5276

Sep 21, 2007
There is free shipping on the bike + free thor pit bike boots. The engine in a zongshen which i heard is a fairly reliable engine and somewhat easy to get parts for.

How does the crf 50 with a 88 kit compare to a 125cc or bigger. I heard it can run with them but I never rode one or saw someone ride one.

Do you have any other suggestions one pit bikes that I should get for under 2k that are not stock?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Zongshen is good but IMO the Jialing & Lifan are better and easier to obtain parts for, but that's just my experience.

Yeah a properly done 88 can sort of keep up but you end up needing to upgrade suspension, wheels etc... and then don't have the manual clutch and 4 speed unless you upgrade that as well. I you run them hard expect to need a new frame as well.

;) I might be a bit bias but www.PitViperMX.com would be a solid choice. Not as much bling but all the $$ are in the core parts. Shoot me an email at Pat "at" PitViperMX "dot" com (take out the words "at" and "dot" and replace as needed). Jialing built GPX engine, full parts support, etc... plus I heard I'm a pretty nice guy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Check your mail.

Top Bottom