sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
I am in need of some tires for my 93 Toyota 4x4. I am running Big-O 33x12.50 15" tires on there now and as I remember a few years ago it cos me around 800.00 to get all four installed... anyone bought any tires online at some good prices? Although my truck has a 4" lift kit on there would running the stock 225/75-15 look kind of odd? I can get them for around 67.00 each apposed to the 33's are going to run around 150-200 each.... I would also like to drop it down a bit as it's getting to be a pain to load the bikes in there sometimes.. any help would ber nice here. Thanks! Jeff.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I have bought tires online from www.tirerack.com. There are other big sites like 1010 tires. Both have big selections and you can get reviews on the tires you are considering purchasing. When you factor in savings on sales tax and the lower prices, you can save a bundle.

Tirerack has authorized installers, and you can have the tires shipped to your chosen installer.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
You mention that you want "33's" but you don't mention the brand that you like and the actual size you require. This will have influence on the price. And as with many things in life, you get what you pay for. Typically, bargain tires are no bargain at all (Maxxis being the only exception I have found to this rule).

With that said, I've bought tires from Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com) and have had good success. What's most important with on-line tire purchases is that you need to have a shop that is willing to install them for you.

sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
Thanks for the info! I did not know you had to find someone willing to install them...figure if you are paying for the mount and balance it would be all the same. I don't know if I will be going with 33" again...as it would be nice to drop a few inches for loading the bikes up...not sure how a smaller tire would look on this either... I will check out the tire rack store. Thanks! Jeff.

slodsm

Jul 20, 2004
Use www.discounttiredirect.com. I have been ordering from them for about 4 years now at least. The prices are awesome, people are friendly if you have to call them for anything, and the shipping is free.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I've historically been able to save $100 everytime I have bought tires from the tirerack. I am lucky enough to have a cheap installer locally $10-15 per tire

sorny

May 26, 2004
I end up buying used tires all the time. I need some tires for my Jeep and was wanting 31x10.50R15 mud terrains but new it was going to cost about $600 out the door so I started looking on **** and a jeep forum and found a guy just 45 minutes away that was selling a set of BFGoodrich Dueler M/T's for $200 a set with 11K miles. Those tires are very nice (low noise, etc, unlike regular M/T's) and were $150-175 new each. So I picked them up, paid my local shop $6/tire for mount/balance and that was it, $224 and they are awesome!

I have ordered from tirerack and discounttire before too for my sports car tires and both are great. Tire rack is a little cheaper, but you might have to pay $100 in shipping, but discount tire usually is a litlte more expensive to make up for their free shipping offers, so just compare them.

Top Bottom