firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Of the 3 F150s I have test driven, 2 had rear end problems. This wasn't a normal clunk--and my old F150 with the 9-inch didn't clunk, so it must be something the newer Sterling rear ends do. At any rate, both of them had bearing problems. Not simply a clunk, but lots of slop in the driveline beyond what a simple u-joint would fix.Played THAT game too.

The salesman was a lying POS.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Sorry---all the Fords I've owned and/or driven have had the rear end clunk. What you are decribing is obviously something besides the slight 'clunk' that's normally designed into the Ford rear-ends. I guess I would've had to been there to hear what was going on to know it wasn't the ordinary little 'clunk'. I was in no way trying to defend the salesman as I'm cynical of these guys myself. Forgiven?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
ktmboy said:
Sorry---all the Fords I've owned and/or driven have had the rear end clunk. What you are decribing is obviously something besides the slight 'clunk' that's normally designed into the Ford rear-ends. I guess I would've had to been there to hear what was going on to know it wasn't the ordinary little 'clunk'. I was in no way trying to defend the salesman as I'm cynical of these guys myself. Forgiven?
Nothing to forgive--just trying to explain myself better! I've owned full-size pickups before, don't expect them to feel like a Cadillac or Porsche. Clunks and rattles happen.

I just hate salesmen. I have never had one who treated me as an intelligent customer who knew what she wanted. Instead, they act as if I am stupid. Not just a typical female without mechanical knowledge, but as if I've been living in a closet for 15 years. So I am bitter and plan to buy my next vehicle from a private owner. It's not like you're any MORE likely to end up with a lemon!!

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
A few years ago I went with my youngest sister to look for a car. Now she's not mechanically inclined but did her research and had it narrowed down to a couple of different vehicles. We went to a dealership to look and she told the salesman excactly what she wanted. Well he took us around the lot only to find that nothing they had fit what she wanted so he made some good suggestions and all was going fine until the sales manager got involved. Holy crap I had never seen my little sis tell someone off so bad in my life. She chewed that guy a new one and all that I could do was sit back and watch in amazement that she could get that mad. Needless to say she didn't buy a car from them in fact we bought one from our parents neighbor who was a salesman at a different dealer. The sales manager wanted to sell her what ever car he saw fit and didn't care that I was there to help her. come to find out I didn't need to.

Steve

Top Bottom