KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Who's up for some Mojave dez action?

Sometime before Thanksgiving how about some of us making the "lost mine run" out by Dove Springs - California City?

We stage at the Borax Bill Park area and ride through the dez, past the "ant hill" and into the R-12 trail, one of the funnest trails this side of the wilderness. From there you go through the mining hills, around the quarry and into the old Cali mining town of Randsburg.

Upon arrival in the old mining town you walk through the swinging doors of 'The White House Saloon', an 1890's era bar and grill with cold, cheap beers and good junk food. Any and all must sample the local fare, the Mojave Red Ale.

Each way is about 18-20 miles for a total back to staging of about 40 miles. I make it (barely) on a standard 2.24 gallon tank on a 2-stroke so most everyone should be fine with gas. If not, we can just bring backpacks with waterbottles containing fuel.

Me, Taksx, Fish... Who else? Lets set a Saturday and show up Friday night for a fire and some beers. We ride early and be done by the early afternoon.

If you want to go your on the right track and if you don't you actually do, you just don't know it yet. :ride: :cool:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
yeah when??? on T-Day weekend i'll be up in Vegas but im sure Tripin and me could shoot down for the day for a ride?? or we were thinking Dumont T-Day weekend anyways.......
when????

fish525

Jun 6, 2004
posable but the week end of the 13th and the 26-27-28 I got races and also the weekend of 12/5 but outher than that I am all over it leys set the date

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
How about everyone throw out a weekend they think will work for them and then we can figure out what would be the best date.

How about the 20th or the 27th?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'm in. That would be new territory..

How 'bout tomorrow morning? ;)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
My best shot is prolly the 20th or 21st. I got alot going on up to T-giving, Ill comit to a maybe for now.

TWMC on the 14th. NE1 want to lay sod on the 13th? ;)

taksx

Oct 7, 2004
nice!

the 20th sounds better to most of us.
Turkey day is just all over the place, some of us are driving down to glamis and the rest of us have to put up with out of state relatives.

i second kx2fifty's motion. its a fun ride and 20 bucks can take you for a long a$$ ride at the bar. (that's my favorite part) :worship:

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
So who likes the 20th?

Let's try and get something going for that date. Who's up?

Bring your $20 (except Eddie, I got yur beerz covered) and your good for 5-6 brews, a burger and some fries!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
KX2fitty said:
Bring your $20 (except Eddie, I got yur beerz covered) and your good for 5-6 brews, a burger and some fries!

You dont know me, I am not good for 5-6 brews and still ride. :ohmy:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
This ride sounds great. Bummer that November is mostly booked for me.Racing and wrapping up my ons soccer season. If you go over thanksgiving on Friday the 26th or Sunday the 28th I'd be in. Sat dec 4th would be good, although we have an enduro on the 5th and 12th. (the wife never minds when I ride both days of back to back weekends.) :cool: :clue:

When you guys pick your date, if I can make it I'd love to join in.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey Scar,

Whats on the 5th?

I think Kiwi and folk are in Jawbone for spanksgiving, I want to do Saturday after T day for that. Wanna carpool?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
Hey Scar,

Whats on the 5th?

I think Kiwi and folk are in Jawbone for spanksgiving, I want to do Saturday after T day for that. Wanna carpool?

The 5th is the D37 enduro for fun. You in?

Sat after Tday I am going to USC-Notre Dame, Friday and Sunday I'm open.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
It wasn't a mandate; simply an illustration of what you could get for 20 bones.

Who will be in the area on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
I need to go the cheap for a while, so TWMC and free riding is the plan. I could fanagle Fri post T-day. Sunday could be traffic probs and fewer members left riding in Jawbone, Ive never been there so I need a host.

link to jawbone thread

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?p=843288#post843288

Fridays sound good. I've never ridden there either. We'll touch base as it gets closer.

taksx

Oct 7, 2004
KX2fitty said:
(except Eddie, I got yur beerz covered)

man you better bring like 60 bucks :nener:
hey what was the name of the road where we posted up?
didn't it have like a mexican name or something to do with the
letter X? i'm killing my self trying to remember that street name. :bang:

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
OK then 60 bucks. The street that leads into the Boraz Bill staging area is called ESSE street. I am not sure of that is a reference in Spanish or English but nonetheless a great place to start riding from.

So what is everyone's takes on the best day / weekend to plan around?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
So far the 20th is the maybe for me. On T-day weekend, Im' planning on Jawbone. But for the 20th I cant say 100% yet, not until I know Ill have the sod in the backyard for sure.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
So the 20th. Alright! I'm stoked the SoCal-Dirtrider posse is up; Fish, Taksx. Also the good folks here at the Wrecking Crew. It seems like we might have a real nice little turnout. As we get closer i can post up directions from everyone's departure points. It's easy if you know where you are going but the kind of place that could be a bit difficult to find.

Everything is legal; the staging area, the riding and... well, I'm not sure if 6 beers is legal but I won't say anything! Just go with 5, that's probably legal.

Hey Steve, if you can't make it let me know if you want to go up there that Saturday after turkey day. I would be down to meet you up there and I have a killer map of the area that illustrates all the trails so no worries. Hey post something on SoCal-Dirt about this!

Top Bottom